A great uplifting story from one of our members

Rob Forsythe posted a link to some great writings of his in response to another post below. I didn't want other members to miss his link if they didn't read the other message, so I'm reposting the info here.

Fear Not, My Son is the journey Rob has taken since the early 70's. The opening picture is worth the look. If you have a slower internet service, you might wait as the main pic shows up, then a few seconds later, the links to his writings appear.

I read the whole thing, except for the detailed journal taken from his father's notes. Rob has been through a lot with his AVM. His explanations of how an AVM work sound accurate to me. Rob's life beyond the AVM are full of excitement, and his writing style is pleasant.

I encourage other members to read his story as it was uplifting to me.

Ron, KS

Ron,

Thank you very much for the kind words above..Every word describes my roller coaster ride with the monster AVM. In a way it describes how the experience magnified my love for my fellow man. Although the experience detoured me from my original goal of becoming a federal or state law enforcement officer, I did the best to keep myself within the realm. As Irene Carrnahan and I chatted last night, I found a fellow survivor with impairments such as I have. Mine were leftovers from crude techniques in surgery way back then. In the early 70's, those with cavernous angioma had less than a 40 % chance of survival at all. Then when my first neurosurgeon quoted to my super parents"To take him home and "make him comfortable", my life fell into the able hands of Dr. Joseph Maroon (still the Pittsburgh Steelers neurosurgeon,)
my odds of survival jumped to 100%. When computer chat came about..I put my training in suicide intervention to good use. A young woman in one of the rooms had already overdosed, but noone knew where in TX she lived. I used my resources at 9-1-1 to track her down. They then sent the ambulance and sheriff to her home, got her to a medical facility, pumped her stomach and she survived. Her thank you note and the actual incident memo appear on my poetry site at:

The Nighthawk Experience...and the selection is "One More Day." I love this support board and all involved.

Rob Forsythe

Hi Ron KS,

It's me again. I just want to check the accuracy of the link to my AVM story. I had one of my friends here advise me that when she clicked on it, she got a warning screen that she had reached a"phishing site," instead of my real web page located at:

Fear Not, My Son

I don't want anyone else to be confused. You may email me at: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ anytime.

Thank you for your time,

Rob

I just read Rob’s story and all I can say is “Wow!”

Hi Connie,

Thanks for reading my story. It's been a real trip..and I'm excited about the possibility of helping others here on the support site. I've got a time line sketched out for more adventures I've had since the latest update of Fear Not, My Son. Hope you are doing well, my friend.

Rob