Anxiety despite healing?

Hello, is there anyone here whose AVM was sealed only by embolization and radiation without surgery? How do you feel it? Do you have psychic anxiety problems? I'm always afraid that it still is a residue left over. what you do against the fear?

Lisa

Dealing with an AVM in any stage is stressful. It is a significant, potentially life altering event. I think it's pretty normal to have anxiety even when you've been pronounced AVM free.

For us, talking several times with a good counselor really helped. All of us (including two younger children) went individually and as a group to work through the AVM concerns.

Time and money well spent in my opinion.

Ron, KS

Hi Lisa, My wife had an AVM on her left side and while taking out her blood-clot they embolized two area on the vein that they think caused the bleeding. Now she is scheduled to have the Gamma Knife in two weeks. She is taking Keppra and is doing great with therapy. As for anxiety not much. Just me who is having the anxieties. If I’m correct your your AVM is still there just like my wife’s. Your Doctor if it is large should suggest taking it out or Gamma Knife. Maybe you should ask. My wife has no symptoms of anxieties that I know of. And she tell me every feeling she has.

Hi Lisa…If you feel anxiety, send me a message and I will be your friend who understands. Keep the Faith!

My doctors have told me there is no danger anymore. I also take keppra and lamictal. I was in many psychotherapies, but I'm still terrified that something might happen. I had a very large AVM. I was 8 times embolized. last, the rest has been irradiated. now it's 2 years ago. from 2003 till 2010 I was treated again and again. I do not know what more I can do against the fear.talk therapy, behavioral therapy, autogenic training, breathing exercises and so on. I do not take antidepressants. I have plenty of other side effects of the medication.

Thank you for your reply. It helps, talking about with persons who feel the same way:-)

Lisa, I don’t want to say anything negative about Doctors but when I asked our doctor regarding future bleeding he said yes it is possible until the AVM is gone. We have read lots of surveys and studies about AVM and I would want the AVM completely out of my wife. Anxieties, is what I have not my wife. She is a trooper. In your case there is nothing I can say to prevent you from having anxities but trust in yourself that the AVM is gone you’re fine. As for me I take lorazspam to keep it down. Good Luck.

Lisa Marion said:

My doctors have told me there is no danger anymore. I also take keppra and lamictal. I was in many psychotherapies, but I'm still terrified that something might happen. I had a very large AVM. I was 8 times embolized. last, the rest has been irradiated. now it's 2 years ago. from 2003 till 2010 I was treated again and again. I do not know what more I can do against the fear.talk therapy, behavioral therapy, autogenic training, breathing exercises and so on. I do not take antidepressants. I have plenty of other side effects of the medication.

Thank you for your reply. It helps, talking about with persons who feel the same way:-)

thank you @all for your encouragement. you are loved.
with the time I get to go out without fear. the consumption of lorazepam I have finished, because of the danger of addiction. I get pension and now have financial problems. I can pay my rent or food barely. there are no affordable apartments. the supermarket has gone too far to low. I can not carry heavy bags. with every glance at my bank account I get a crisis. something must change, otherwise I’m sitting and my child soon on the road.
irony of fate…Sigh.

Hi Lisa. Are there any family members who can help you through this crisis situation? I know in the States that a lot of church organizations have food programs. Maybe there are some in Germany.

there in Germany for social assistance, if you lie under a certain monetary amount. it is not when you have only one euro more. then you fall through the social network. we must prove everything, even the money the child is taken into account. you get no money if the child has saved some. they say, then you have to spend the money from your child.
I have a family, but I don’t like to ask them for money. then they want to regulate my life.
in the future will not change anything, too. everything is more expensive.

and the politicians have enough money. elections are next week. I hope that the people have learned from it and choose someone else. The Germans are stupid losers.

Hi Lisa. I understand about independence. I did everything humanly possible so I did not have to move back with my folks. I was very lucky and had a fabulous group of friends and they helped me until I could drive again and work again. I hope your situation improves soon!

I’ll organize something to make my life better. maybe I will find somebody, who make the shopping in a cheaper supermarket. it would be nearly 50% cheaper and I pay for the work. I don’t know, if it’s possible.