Anybody have a crainiotomy and hasnt had a seizure afterwards ..not being on the medication

Hello Kevin. I had a crainiotomy on July 12th and was release from the hospital on the 16th. They gave me anti-seizure medication in the hospital, but once I was discharged I only had anti-nausea and pain meds, which I am off of too. So, I guess I would say “nope, no seizures and nope, no medication”. My avm was on the right occipital lobe. Does this help?

I haven’t…it’s been three years with none…knock on wood.

I haven’t either. Was never on anti-seizure meds. In fact, I didn’t even know seizures were a possibility before I joined this site! It’s been over 3 years since my bleed/crani.

Yes! Nicole AVM 2009. Crani. NO meds after leaving the hospital. No seizures knock on wood Either. My 1 and only seizure was the morning of the Rupture.

GL --I’m not a dr. just a survivor
Nicole in Ohio

No seizures for me and I was never on any meds for them. Two years post bleed and craniotomy.

HI, KEVIN I JOIN THE OTHERS NO MED AND NO SEIZURE AFTER THE SURGERY IT’S BEEN NINE MONTHS NOW AND OFF OF ALL ANTI-SEIZURE MEDS OFF ALL MEDS I STILL HAVE SOME MEDS THAT I GO AND DIDNT HAVE TO TAKE. I WAS ON THE MEDS FOR THE FIRST THREE MONTHS BUT NOW NO MEDS. BE BLESSED BUT HOW ARE U DOIN?

Hey Kev, I am 19 years post-op with no seizures. I was on Dilantin for 6 months to prevent any possible seizure so it must have worked. Unfortunately my blood levels were not monitored closely enough and I got Dilantin toxic. It seemed to mess up a number of things including my vision. The retina in my left eye started to delaminate due to swelling at the root of the optic nerve and had to be lasered back into place. I have a permanent blind spot in that eye but it doesn’t affect my daily functions. My fingernails got all humpy and I had some skin issues, as well. That is one reason I dislike taking any drug I don’t absolutely need. I guess it’s a trade-off.

FB

Hi Kevin, I didn’t have any siezures after my craniotomy. I actually took myself off the meds two weeks after I left the hospital. And I was 13. I know that’s bad but I didn’t need it. It was making me sick and layers of my skin was peeling. Recently my doctors didnt even give me siezure meds. I say if you are not having the seizures tell ur doc and stop taking them. .

same here, had my crainiotomy almnost 15 years ago with no seizures

coming up to to 20years post op and no medication no seizures

Hi Kevin,

My son had a crainitomy in April 2011 and was never on anti-seizure meds. He had a seizure in Dec 2010 and that’s how we found out his avm. My friend had two crainitomy (due to stroke) and he had seizure after the second crainitomy and was put on anti-seizure since then but his doc told him he will wears him off the anti-seizure med after 2yrs. I think you should discuss with your docs when you could come off the meds.