Anyone from Ireland?

I’ve been diagnosed with AVM quiet recently and I’m trying to meet a neurosurgen but no luck so far…the earliest appointment here takes 6-8 weeks at least, wondering if there is anyone out there from ireland (Dublin) and if so how is their experience here dealing with this problem in thsi country. I have two young children so very anxious right now to find out the next steps…

This site seems to be great, I wish well being for everyone here

Seán here living in Dublin. Diagnosed with an AVM in June 2010. A short history since then should be on my profile. I’d be delighted to help in any way.

Hi Sean, hope you are recovering well after your treatment…I dont know where to start but can I ask who did you go to and where did you get the treatment? I’ve been referred to Dr Chris Pidgeon but him being retired from Beaumont public can’t see me now in beaumont private because it seems that clinic is not equipped (that’s what the answer from his secretary anyway)…I have now got an appointment with Dr Steven Young for next week in Hermitage, wondering who did you go to and if you have any recommendation…

feel free to give me a call on 8101917

ky said:
Hi Sean, hope you are recovering well after your treatment...I dont know where to start but can I ask who did you go to and where did you get the treatment? I've been referred to Dr Chris Pidgeon but him being retired from Beaumont public can't see me now in beaumont private because it seems that clinic is not equipped (that's what the answer from his secretary anyway)...I have now got an appointment with Dr Steven Young for next week in Hermitage, wondering who did you go to and if you have any recommendation...

Thanks Sean for being kind and sharing your contact number, let me know what is the best time to contact you and I will give you a call tomorrow. Thanks again.

Sorry ky missed this comment until today. I am home here till about 12:00am today. Otherwise I am home after 8:00pm this evening. You can get me at home all day tomorrow. If I miss you, there is a voice mail on the phone. Look forward to talking to you and hope I can be of some assistance.

ky said:
Thanks Sean for being kind and sharing your contact number, let me know what is the best time to contact you and I will give you a call tomorrow. Thanks again.

Hi I am from Northern Ireland and was diagnosed in January 2011. I had an angiogram in July 2011 and awaiting treatment. My AVM is in the occipital lobe and is 3 cm. I have been told that I will probably need a number of embolisations and then gamma knife surgery in Sheffield. I have a 9 year old son, it’s a difficult time and I hope you get things sorted soon. Susan

I have a 8 yr old daughter too, it is difficult time indeed but my family keep me focussed and stay positive. I was also told that i may need embolisation followed by gamma knife but after angio they suggested me for GK in Sheffield…Good luck and keep us posted about the progress. Good Luck