AVM Awareness

I need some advice on how to start getting together like a group or soemthing to raise awareness in my area about AVM and Spinal AVM, which I have the Spinal one. Raise funds for research or something. Like they’re doing a walk for awareness in San Francisco, CA. I would like to do something like that around here.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Check this link out!

http://www.aneurysmfoundation.org/gi_host.html

You can also google ‘fundraising’ and it will direct you to alot of different ideas but the foundation website is a great place to start.

Good luck!

Kim

Hi Amanda!

Where do you live? my advice is to start with facebook…there are plenty of avm awareness groups there so it’d be a good place to start! I was thinking of trying to raise funds as well but with school and doctors and things i just never got around to it which is unfortunate…maybe we can try to plan something together?

<33Chrissy

Christine said:

Hi Amanda!

Where do you live? my advice is to start with facebook…there are plenty of avm awareness groups there so it’d be a good place to start! I was thinking of trying to raise funds as well but with school and doctors and things i just never got around to it which is unfortunate…maybe we can try to plan something together?

<33Chrissy

I live In Rhode Island. My Doctor told me there are others with AVMs in the area. But there not like mine. My type of Spinal AVM is rare and almost unique in a way as my doctors have described to me. If anybody would like to help me start something, please step up and let’s get more awareness out about this.

Every time I try to describe this to anybody who asks. They look at me like I have three heads. It’s annoying. I would appreciate anybody pitching in, advice etc. Thanks for the advice so far. But I haven’t had a moment to sit and do things. Between work, doctors and trying to keep myself busy cause of my pain I’m in all the time. Just no enthusiasm sometimes to do anything.

But I would like to get awareness out and make a difference in others lives to maybe raise funds to help pay medical bills or something. I know how they feel cause I have medical bills, forming after my insurance has covered so much. Thank you for all your advice. It’s much appreciated. :slight_smile: