Curious about this symptom

In my early 20’s I developed what my derm called “angiomas” which looked like small red spots on my face, upper chest and hands. He said the cause was unknown but thought to be hormone influenced. I had the lasered off and they didn’t disappear until my (undiagnosed) AVM started to really grow on my ear. Now I had embol. and surgery 2 years ago and found out in Sept. the AVM is back and growing and now I’m getting those red spots (angiomas) on my face hands and chest. Just a coincidence???Any one else ever had those before their AVM started to grow? Kimberly

I have what is call “TELANGIECTASIA” on my neck and some on my face. I had to go to a dermatologist to have them diagnosed, they started to develop around 4 years before my frist seizure.
Their are several types of Telangiectasia, here is a website with some really good info on Telangiectasia if that is what you are dealing with. Hope this is helpful: http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/telangiectasia.htm

Hi Kimberly. I haven’t actually heard anyone talk about this before, but I would absolutely say it would sound logical that this was somehow related. It’s a vascular malformation of a different kind. But seeing as you have vascular irregularities in general…well it just seems too related to be a coincidence. I wonder if there is a syndrome that exists that might have both of these as components. I’m not too familar with all of the different syndromes but know there are quite a few with AVM components.
Who is your AVM doc? I would think you would want to talk with him for sure. It’s also concerning that the AVM is growing back after embo and surgery. That means they didn’t get it all in the first place. Which is no doubt sometimes very difficult for them to do!
Also, you may want to check out the Vascular Birthmark Foundation as they have some great resources and also an “ask the expert” option through email. It’s a good place for us “no-brainers” to gather up some good info!
Good luck, and let us all know what you find out.
Shalon

Yes, thanks Shalon–I had actually totally forgotten about the “cherry angiomas” appearing before I was diagnosed with an AVM–until after a 20 + year abscence–they started to re-appear. there must be some kind of connection and yes it is discouraging to have the AVM recurr after only 2 years since surgery. The AVM surgeon removed the top half of my ear, all the tissue surrounding my ear with a skin graft and an incision to the outer carotid. The AVM is back everywhere it was-plus in the salivary gland on my face–where it wasn’t at all before. Kim

Shalon said:

Hi Kimberly. I haven’t actually heard anyone talk about this before, but I would absolutely say it would sound logical that this was somehow related. It’s a vascular malformation of a different kind. But seeing as you have vascular irregularities in general…well it just seems too related to be a coincidence. I wonder if there is a syndrome that exists that might have both of these as components. I’m not too familar with all of the different syndromes but know there are quite a few with AVM components.
Who is your AVM doc? I would think you would want to talk with him for sure. It’s also concerning that the AVM is growing back after embo and surgery. That means they didn’t get it all in the first place. Which is no doubt sometimes very difficult for them to do!
Also, you may want to check out the Vascular Birthmark Foundation as they have some great resources and also an “ask the expert” option through email. It’s a good place for us “no-brainers” to gather up some good info!
Good luck, and let us all know what you find out.
Shalon