Depression

A little update for all of you who have reached out with your support -

My AVM is now 95% obliterated thanks to my Cyber Knife treatment!

Things have started looking up when i found this group and have met people that understand at this level. We're all different: in different stages of health, life, feelings, etc. But knowing that there are so many people that understand so well, despite the different situations - is HUGE. it's different coming from someone that has experienced this life changer. and have made it back to normalcy. Coming from someone who has not had this experience...it's not the same. you can't help but question their opinions and outlooks, and advice. ..or even just a hug when you're having a down day.

My family and i still have quite a bit of tension between us. My being depressed, apathetic, and generally a very sad/angry person - is enough to make a lot of people throw their hands up.

A good friend of mine that was once like a big brother to me at work - told me he did not want to be associated with me (at work and outside) because he doesn't want to be responsible for me. That was a big hit to my emotional state, but i am now in the mind set of "that's ok, i don't need 'em" I have the support i need from people that get it. and that helps rebuild my relationship with people that don't :-)

Thank you guys - you're incredible!

Hello!!! Just want you to know you are young and I know itā€™s toughā€¦Stay strong donā€™t give up hopeā€¦I am 41 yrs.old I found out about my AVF back in November due to a massive headache I got and my dr.sent me to get an MRI back in December mind u that I had these headaches for the past 2 years and Iā€™d take care of them with excedrin Migraine sometimes it would work sometimes it would just drain me out. January, I finally got my Fistula fixed but while doctor was fixing Fistula he found an aneurysm 3 cm.I was told he wasnā€™t going to fix it cuz it was to small.Got an appointment for June to get an angio done.had no headache for 2 months.April 6 bad headache dizziness ended up in hospital my aneurysm grew a little so dr. Went in to coil and stent.its been a crazy ride but Iā€™m thankfulā€¦ I too got depressed this time but just for a short timeā€¦you are not alone I will go back for another angio in September . hopefully God willing it was a successā€¦Just remember the good Lord will not give us anything we canā€™t handleā€¦I will keep u in my prayers. Keep in touch

You are feeling exactly how I feel this has been a life changing event in our lives and feel so helpless because no one seems to understand what this is like. I am so tired of being watched and asked how I am feeling I used to be healthy and always the one getting family and friends together. Now I feel I have accomplished something by making the bed and being showered and dressed by noon. Had Radiation May 7 2015 for AVM in cerebellum. I hear and feel everything you have posted. Not sure what to say that will make it better but at least we have a site where we can vend, cry and receive some comfort.

Happy you are starting to feel better. I went through the same thing and became better after years only to have another brain bleed and needed a second Gamma Knife. Now i feel like im starting all over. I have Grand mal seizures as well so i undertsand how u feel. It is a rough road and many cannot really relate to what we go through and it leaves u feeling so alone but the people here are great and make a huge difference. I hope you continue to feel better and we are always here for you.