Does everyone usually have traditional angio prior to gamma knife or on the day of?

One thing that is driving me a bit crazy is that it was suggested by some dr.'s I consulted with to have angio prior to gamma knife but the dr. I actually plan to have treat with gamma knife says he does it on the day of treatment. They use it for planning. When I asked about having it prior, he joked and said, would you like to have two? I just sort of dropped it at that point but still I think what if things are worse when he gets to see the regular angio, then is it too late or what… worry, worry, worry some more. I think I may go crazy before even getting the treatment :slight_smile:

I just had a gamma treatment last week and the Dr installed the head gear first then MRI second them angio third then gamma knife fourth started at about 6 am finished about 4 pm Hope this helps I don’t type much

Thnak you Gordon, did you feel fine after and able to go back to work within a day or two?

Dawn

I had a embolization the next day at about 6 am my third one by the third day i was feeling fair my head was sore on the outside from the head gear and I had a small head ack as far as going back to work never ! lol I’m kinda semi retired
embolization

Dawn said:

Thnak you Gordon, did you feel fine after and able to go back to work within a day or two?

I get my Gamma knife done on Dec 11th and my doctor has scheduled things the same way Gordon had his
Start at 6am then Halo, MRI, Angio and finally Gamma Knife. Seems to be pretty much the standard procedure. Unfortunatly I am still working . The procedure is on a Friday and I am scheduled to return to work on the Monday so I have the weekend to recover. I will let you know how i feel going back to work

Thanks Gordon, I was just wondering if you had one previously as well or will this be the 1st angio?

Gordon D said:

Dawn

I had a embolization the next day at about 6 am my third one by the third day i was feeling fair my head was sore on the outside from the head gear and I had a small head ack as far as going back to work never ! lol I’m kinda semi retired
embolization

Dawn said:

Dawn I’ve had 7or 8 angio that inclued 3 embolization and one gamma knife it took about 40 minutes in the passed 2 years. Over all I feel good and very lucky yes I’ve had side effects a new one ever week for the first 18 month but not much now . OH by the way my wife’s name is Dawna lol

Gordon D said:

Dawn

embolization

Dawn said:

LOL, I have wanted to switch my name to Dawna for a long time. I may still :slight_smile: So you had side affects like the normal headaches and weakness or are we talking strokes - argh ?

Dawn said:

Thanks Gordon, I was just wondering if you had one previously as well or will this be the 1st angio?

Gordon D said:
Dawn

embolization

Dawn said:

I at a CT Angiogram but not the other kind thru the artery yet. I guess I will get my 1st one the day of treatment.

Dawn said:

Gordon D said:
Dawn

embolization

Dawn said:

Dawn
For both my gamma knife’s my angio was the same day as the procedure. It is done for planning.

FYI - I always hate it when people pronounce my name wrong like Don (guys name :slight_smile: that is one reason I thought of putting an a on the end and making it Dawna - anyway, if I get thru all of this I may still put that a on the end :slight_smile: Best wishes for a beautiful day - I am in CA as you know so my day is just starting, so off to work -

Dawn said:

Gordon D said:
Dawn

embolization

Dawn said:

I had an angio done in jan and then again in june the day of the gamma knife. They put on the halo than the angio and then mri and hours later the radiation. It was a rough and tearful day. Good luck

I had several minor strokes after my first embolization (Feb 2008) and have recovered for the most part. My symptoms have varied greatly, from visual disturbances, to headaches that vary, different weird feeling in my head. Nothing wasn’t tolerable. Most all different symptoms have gradually gone away or I’ve learned to live with them. It beats where I was for years prior to treatment. I live a very normal life and do most anything I want (except scuba diving and lifting heavy things). I just take one day at a time for now.

Gordon D said:

Dawn I’ve had 7or 8 angio that inclued 3 embolization and one gamma knife it took about 40 minutes in the passed 2 years. Over all I feel good and very lucky yes I’ve had side effects a new one ever week for the first 18 month but not much now . OH by the way my wife’s name is Dawna lol

Gordon D said:
Dawn

embolization

Dawn said:

I had the arteriogram the day of the radiation