Early teeth caused from extra blood flow

My son, Ashton is getting his adult wisdom tooth on the right side. He is only 4 so they assume it is because of all the extra bloodflow. I am hoping and praying it will grow in straight and that it won’t crowd his teeth so we don’t have to pull it. Anyone else ever had a similar problem.

Hey Betsy!

Yikes! Didn’t have that happen at all. But my wisdom teeth did become a problem with my AVM. I ended up having them removed at the hospital with a dentist type of guy (I’m sure he was really something else) coordinating with my IR. Embo for like 7 hours one day, balloons inserted and wisdom teeth out the next day. Stayed in the hospital for 3 days after to recover, and had the MOST annoying leg compression things on. They somehow “moved” every so often up and down my legs…kinda like a nice fun massage chair, only not so fun. Strangest things…

But other than that, my wisdom teeth came in at a normal time. Maybe even late. I think I was early 20’s when I had this all done. I thought most people have their wisdom teeth removed anyways. How come they don’t just want to pull it out?

Thanks Shalon! I don’t think they want to put him to sleep and it does not appear to be a problem right now; however, we go back in two weeks and if it appears to be a problem then we will obviously have to look into pulling it. His hair also grows SUPER fast. Poor little guy- he has all of theser 1st time I’ve heard of that things going on:( Have a great weekend!!

Shalon said:

Hey Betsy!

Yikes! Didn’t have that happen at all. But my wisdom teeth did become a problem with my AVM. I ended up having them removed at the hospital with a dentist type of guy (I’m sure he was really something else) coordinating with my IR. Embo for like 7 hours one day, balloons inserted and wisdom teeth out the next day. Stayed in the hospital for 3 days after to recover, and had the MOST annoying leg compression things on. They somehow “moved” every so often up and down my legs…kinda like a nice fun massage chair, only not so fun. Strangest things…

But other than that, my wisdom teeth came in at a normal time. Maybe even late. I think I was early 20’s when I had this all done. I thought most people have their wisdom teeth removed anyways. How come they don’t just want to pull it out?

Hi Betsy. I’m a dental hygienist (23 years experience) and I have to say this seems very odd to me. I guess I would expect all his teeth to develop early from the increased blood flow, if this was the case. How are they determining that this is a “wisdom tooth” and not another molar such as the 6yr. molar or perhaps just a super-numerary (extra tooth bud) tooth?
I would just suggest before you have anything done, to have this triple checked by a few Oral Surgeons not dentists.
Just my opinion! I don’t mean to question your information but just like everything else, it is always good to get a few opinions sometimes!

THANKS!! Good questions. We see his dentist again for a follow up Nov 2nd. I will ask her these questions. I THINK that he already has his 6 year old molars too (could be wrong). He did get his teeth early. His first was at 4 months and I think he had 7 teeth bye 7 months (he had his stroke at 6 months so all that info kind of blends together). Thanks for the info!!

Joy said:

Hi Betsy. I’m a dental hygienist (23 years experience) and I have to say this seems very odd to me. I guess I would expect all his teeth to develop early from the increased blood flow, if this was the case. How are they determining that this is a “wisdom tooth” and not another molar such as the 6yr. molar or perhaps just a super-numerary (extra tooth bud) tooth?
I would just suggest before you have anything done, to have this triple checked by a few Oral Surgeons not dentists.
Just my opinion! I don’t mean to question your information but just like everything else, it is always good to get a few opinions sometimes!