Effects

Does anybody know that if damage to the brain can bring on the effects of Autism or similar conditions I am very concerned about my son or is this some effect of his damage that has been left? Many thanks

I am not sure,but I did some research on autism in college and remember reading that children with autism do not have any damage or anything abnormal about their brain…there seems to be no physical manifestation of autism in the brain. I am sure, dependeing on where the AVM is located in the brain, it could have caused some damage to the part of the brain that controls socialization, therefore manifesting itself with similar symptoms to autism. But it wouldn’t be autism; it would be brain damage that caused similar effects

Thanks Mary Kate and I guess what you say makes a lot of sense but hearing it from someone else always seems more reassuring some how. Hope to find you well today Shani xx

mary kate said:

I am not sure,but I did some research on autism in college and remember reading that children with autism do not have any damage or anything abnormal about their brain…there seems to be no physical manifestation of autism in the brain. I am sure, dependeing on where the AVM is located in the brain, it could have caused some damage to the part of the brain that controls socialization, therefore manifesting itself with similar symptoms to autism. But it wouldn’t be autism; it would be brain damage that caused similar effects

Shani I read this a while back hope it will help . Researchers have recently uncovered evidence that AVMs may also cause subtle learning or behavioral disorders in some people during their childhood or adolescence, long before more obvious symptoms become evident . http://www.medicinenet.com/arteriovenous_malformation/article.htm