Famous and Fictional sufferers of avm's, interesting info

Famous sufferers

*South Dakota Senator Tim Johnson suffered an AVM-related stroke on December 13, 2006.
*A. J. Price, basketball star at the University of Connecticut, was found to have AVM during his freshman season (2005 -06).

*Houston Astros Manager Larry Dierker went into convulsions in the eighth inning of the game against the San Diego Padres at the Astrodome (1999). Tests showed he had an arteriovenous malformation

Fictional characters

*“Six Feet Under” character Nate Fisher was presented as suffering from a cerebral AVM.

no one found this interesting enough to reply to? LOL! :slight_smile:

I thought it was interesting ! But couldn’t come up with any new ones ! The only one I knew about was the Senator . Let me know if you find any more …

I guess since the incidents of AVMs are so rare that its not surprising that we hear about it in more ordinary people more often. Also, its a hidden conditon- many don;t know they have one untila bleed or other chronic symptoms.

I’d hate to wish it on anybody, but it would definitley raise awareness if a more well known person had the condition.

Yes I agree Brian. I never knew what an avm was before it was found proactively. I think that people should be aware it’s out there so there can be more preventative measures taken and scans done. I could have just fluffed off my little symptoms and went on with my life but I was proactive and so were my doctors. Thank God.

Brian said:

I guess since the incidents of AVMs are so rare that its not surprising that we hear about it in more ordinary people more often. Also, its a hidden conditon- many don;t know they have one untila bleed or other chronic symptoms.

I’d hate to wish it on anybody, but it would definitley raise awareness if a more well known person had the condition.