Gamma Knife

After a month of waiting, my file will be presented tonight at TWH Gamma Clinic Case Conference tonight. Cross your fingers that it actually happens as there has been a technical problem with both my MRI and CTscan images. The clinic has told me they will present my angio to the team and make recommendations based on that but there have been so many delays I have become pessimistic. I just want to know if gamma is the answer. If it is, when? I was asked to call tomorrow to find out the next step.

My fingers are crossed for you. The way the medical community handles these things is a travesty, they make it so hard. Mine took 3 mos, 3 Drs., and 3 hospitals - refer, refer, refer - Grrrr. I really hope you get some good news. Keeping you in my prayers and watching for your update.

Having gone through three gamma knife surgeries, I can tell you its a very easy procedure. The worst pain involved is the local numbing they give you to screw the helmet on. My prayers are with you as you get the procedure. I thank the Lord that He allows people that have avms to live in this day and age. 30 years ago, most of us would be dead!

Gamma is scheduled for June 22nd and reality is starting to sink in.

I know things have gotten more advanced since I had my surgeries. But, I just have to point out that I had my gamma knife surgery 22 years ago. It was brand new then. 30 years ago, it didn’t exist. So, Stephanie, good luck and hold on tight.

Paul McMonagle said:

Having gone through three gamma knife surgeries, I can tell you its a very easy procedure. The worst pain involved is the local numbing they give you to screw the helmet on. My prayers are with you as you get the procedure. I thank the Lord that He allows people that have avms to live in this day and age. 30 years ago, most of us would be dead!