Had three opinions

Andrea,

Can you tell me more about your embolization experience? Any problems with strength or cognition after the procedure? Any side effects just after the procedures?

Thank you,
Caroline

Andrea Fisher said:

My avm is located in my left temporal lobe and was almost 5 cm. I had two embolizations and gamma knife. Its hard to just live your life with this thing in your head. I hope there is something they can do for you. I know my life hasn’t been the same since December 13th 2006 when I found out. Best of luck to you!
Andrea

No I have been dealing with this darn thing my whole life. And had gotten advice from the top neurosurgeons in the USA. I am staying where I am with the Neuro’s decisions.

Rachel said:

hmm. I find it interesting that they said to leave it alone. My Neuro’s said operating was too risky but they chose to treat it with embolizations and stereotactic radiation. I now wait 3 years to see if it has worked. I think getting more opinions is a good idea and best wishes to you.

Well Sandra,

I had never had embolizations to my head. I had been lasered or beemed up three times for my AVM. And from what my neurosurgeons tell me, I can not have any more zapps of radiation to my brain. Unless of course it decides to bleed again and then they will discuss it with me.

Sincerely,

Troy

Yes I have been waiting my whole life for the radiation to work. And ah well I go get tested towards the end of the week.

Rachel said:

hmm. I find it interesting that they said to leave it alone. My Neuro’s said operating was too risky but they chose to treat it with embolizations and stereotactic radiation. I now wait 3 years to see if it has worked. I think getting more opinions is a good idea and best wishes to you.