Headaches after craniotomy and avm ressection

Hi my dear friends, last Tuesday Daniel hav a mild headache. It was not on the surgery/avm spot but on the same brain side. It lasted a couple of hours.

It was not necessary for him to take medicines and he remained normal.
I called Dr. Atos, he was very calm and said it is not related to avm.
By the way on Tuesday completed 4 months after Daniel second surgery.

I was wondering if anyone who had craniotomy and avm ressection continue to experience headaches and what doctors tell you.

Thank you.

Hi erica, I have an AVM on the head outside the skull. Had two operations on it already…first was craniotomy(1.5 years ago), second was embroilization(3 months ago).

I’ve been feeling extremely bad headaches these days that never go away. Sorta like a heavy weight pressing down on the skull. Been terribly afraid to see the doc because it’s gonna cost $$

Thank you Yong Chun How!

I had my craniotomy almost 2 years ago…I have had a headache everyday since then and even before. The doctors just tell me it is part of the healing process after having a hemorrhage. I hope it helps to know that others are having the same problems. Everyday has been a day full of so much pain and just recently I have noticed the headaches ease up a little. Still feels really bad and like a lot of pressure but its getting better.

I HAVE NEVER HAD HEADACHES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RESECTION/REMOVAL OF MY AVM EXCEPT RIGHT AFTER THE SURGERY (LEFT PARIETAL, LARGE/DEEP) SEIZURES, YES, BUT CONTROLLABLE MAYBE ONE EVERY YEAR // YEAR AND A HALF. IF I TREATED MYSELF A BIT BETTER I MIGHT BE SEIZURE FREE …? AVM SURVIVOR 1980 - DOUG

Hi Erica. My dad’s AVM was obliterated in June 2008 and he still gets headaches and a pulsating in his right ear (side of the brain that had AVM). For the last six months, the doctors said that it was a healing process. He’s going for the 6 month check up sometime this month with an angiogram. Hope it turns out good : ) Hope that this helps. Good luck

Thank you all for the reply. I feel calmer now.

Hey Erica,
Its been just over 12 months since my craniotomy and i still get the ocassional headache here & there- and have the pulsating ear problem as michelle stated with her father.
I dont think its anything to stress over,my very recent MR Angiogram showed everything was perfect one year on, even with these symptoms.
As previously said its part of the healing process…
Take care,Theo xo

Hi Theo, it is so nice to hear from you. Thanks for the information. I am happy your MRI is clear.
Enjoy life! Take care.

Theo k said:

Hey Erica,
Its been just over 12 months since my craniotomy and i still get the ocassional headache here & there- and have the pulsating ear problem as michelle stated with her father.
I dont think its anything to stress over,my very recent MR Angiogram showed everything was perfect one year on, even with these symptoms.
As previously said its part of the healing process…
Take care,Theo xo