Intoduction, Sharing and Caring

Hey Sharon. Thanks for the kind words and support. Good to hear how positive you are after all your procedures. I like the P&P phrase too - will be doing plenty more of that!!!

Will you be having any more treatment for your remaining AVM?

It’s a good thing to get out at least for a walk. Golf, they say, is a good walk spoiled but I’m sure would be a sensible pastime – for those with time!

My domestic and work life is just currently off the scale so I’m achieving nothing at the moment. It’s not a good position to be in. High stress and no time off, no sensible exercise is the very wrong thing for us to be doing.

If you make me go out at least once a week, can I make you go out at least once a week?

You describe focal seizures VERY well -and I didn’t even know the were called focal seizures -lol! That’s what sent me to the ER and finally (after 35 yr) getting a proper diagnosis. I bled 5/16/18 then had crani 7/26/18. I feel better than I have for over 10 yr.

Hi Karen! I’m sorry that you experience these but also glad I could help and it’s nice to know that someone else understands.

How are you doing now? You had the Craniotomy last year correct?

Don’t worry Richard I’ll be out swimming or walking at least 4-5 times a week! Thanks for the reminder though :slight_smile:

I might need you to nag me :slightly_frowning_face:

I haven’t experienced them since surgery, a little over a year ago. Before diagnosis they were so few and far between and short-lived that I’d forget to see a doc. Then I had a series of them one morning that led to ER and eventually diagnosis. I bled in 1975 and was misdiagnosed

That’s really great news Karen and I’m really happy for you. I’m hoping mine will go over time. Right now they only seem to come when I really push myself. How’s your day to day life now?

Happy to do so mate. GO NOW! :smiley:

Lun:

I have had 2 Gamma Knife Radiation procedures. Each procedure takes 3-years to do it’s thing. I had my first in 2015 and my second one a few months ago. It will take 3 more years to see if my monster has been totally eradicated. However, my AVM has shrunk by more than half. It started out as 4 cm, and now is a little less than 2 cm after 5-years. At the end of this term, I have decided not to have the 3rd and final GKR procedure. I will have annual Angiograms, MRI’s & CAT scans to check on size, vessel changes, etc. I am doing really well although I have a few challenges. My balance is wonky sometimes, vertigo never leaves me, short term memory is not as sharp, I cannot function in the dark, but what I miss the most, is that I can’t dance anymore because dancing makes me dizzy. However, I can rock out in a chair better than anybody! This thing has taught me many valuable lessons that I likely would not have learned without the AVM. You are early in your AVM journey. Don’t let depression win your battle. You’ve got to fight to win. When you fall, get back up and try again, and again, and again. Shout out to me or the group anytime you feel the need. We get it because we have AVM’s too! Keeping you in my P&P.

Sharon D…

Lun

October 22

Hey Sharon. Thanks for the kind words and support. Good to hear how positive you are after all your procedures. I like the P&P phrase too - will be doing plenty more of that!!!

Will you be having any more treatment for your remaining AVM?

In general I feel better than I have in YEARS! No more daily headaches, no staggering, no funny flashes in my vision and “brain fog” is minimal. I still need a short rest break or two throughout the day but I’m not getting any younger through all this (just turned 64)

1 Like

Hey Karen that sounds amazing and I’m super happy for you. Age is nothing but a number!!