Just needed to vent

I am glad...I am in Southern Cal so who knows we may run into each other. The world is actually very small sometimes. Keep in touch....K

I understand completly. In the begining, at the hospital, everyone came. Even back at my house they came. Then after a while no one came except one close friend. So i know what it is like to lose friends. So even though i don't have friends now, i know the people on this site care and if you ever need a friend I will be there for you.
Linda

I think these "friends" are overwhelmed with the enormity of the situation you are in and would rather not have the inconvenience of dealing with it all, so suddenly they are very busy and have no time for you. I'm sorry that people are like that, but yes we figure out who the REAL people that matter are and then we gotta kick the other ones to the curb. Hang in there!!

I can relate to what you are feeling Erin. Sometimes,I asked this question - do my friends really care? I do sure have a lot of friends during good times but few appears during bad times. Well, maybe it's because others don't know???? because during good times, during celebrations, we tend to invite people, friends, relatives but when you are down, when you feel sad, depressed, or sick, you cannot simply call your friends or your relatives and family to comfort you, to console you. You cannot INVITE THEM to be with you. They should come on their own and they should be sensitive enough to know how you feel and what you need. BUT NOT ALL PEOPLE have that sense!!!
I also have my shares of frustrations. and I learned to shut off once in a while. I learned to keep to myself my feelings, my pain, my frustrations. I tried to be positive, to be thankful for what I have now and what I am now but there are really times that depression pulls me down.
and I'm thankful for this site. We can air out what we feel because we know that there is someone in this group that can understand what we feel because they too experienced it.
I'm not sure if medications also contribute to my depression or it's just my personality that I want to be taken care of. OHHH God, how I wish my mama is still here. I remembered during my younger years wherein she would really know what I need without me saying anything. But now, **sigh** I need to say out loud what I need over and over again. Why can't my husband understand me? It's the same thing, over and over again.
Erin, it's seems that I'm the one venting out in here :)
You take care and know that we are here to listen to you.

It can de difficult for people to understand or comprehend what you are dealing with. Dont let this change who you are. You can still be you.