Looking For Help with Creating One-Pager

Member “Brian” had a great suggestion the other day.

Brian was at the doctor’s office and wanted to leave behind a ‘one-pager’ describing the community for any other AVM patients the neurosurgeon might have. (Unfortunately, we don’t have one.)

Are you familiar with creating flyers or desktop publishing and willing to help out? Either send me a message or post a comment here.

Thanks, Brian, for the suggestion.

Hello Mr. Munoz,
My daugther inlaw designed a door hanger with a magentic business card to bring in customers for my son’s landscape business. I was impressed by the design of the item. I will ask her if she can send one to you, she is very,very busy these days, starting a baby sitting bus. to help out the income, as you know ecomomic times are tuff.

Good luck and have a happy/healthy day!

“Ben”. We’re all friends here. :slight_smile:

Many sitters are now listed here: http://www.sittercity.com/. Good luck to her! Thanks for the reply!

Gerardo (David) Barriga said:

Hello Mr. Munoz,
My daugther inlaw designed a door hanger with a magentic business card to bring in customers for my son’s landscape business. I was impressed by the design of the item. I will ask her if she can send one to you, she is very,very busy these days, starting a baby sitting bus. to help out the income, as you know ecomomic times are tuff.

Good luck and have a happy/healthy day!

I’m certainly no pro, but I have had some experience with Microsoft Publisher. As long as I had access to the information and any artwork that would be included on the flier, it could be done with relative ease and sent out in PDF format.

Hi Guys,

I think it’s a great idea–just wondering if AVM neuro’s would be willing to have them available in their offices??? Guess the worst they can say is no…

My suggestion would be to print it in Landscape mode, with three per page, so the size would be (doing this in my head, sorry) about 3 3/4 x 8 1/2, and printed on card stock type paper.

Of course, might be better to design it, post it on this site, and then let members print it to take to their neuro. Would keep the costs down that way. If this is done, best to keep it in Word or as a PDF so anyone could print it.

I can put something together (it would be simple) if no one else steps forward.

I would suggest that it contain the website URL in bigger fonts, the site’s mission, that it’s a peer to peer group, that it’s FREE, that it’s welcoming, was started in _____, and has about 1,000 members currently.

Does it need a statement that “we don’t recommend one medical center / team over another, but rather relate our AVM experiences, treatments, and ways we have coped with our AVM.”

My two cents.
Ron

This sounds great, Ron. Exactly what Brian and I had mind. Simple, by the way, is good. Is our logo high resolution enough?

Ben

Ron, KS said:

Hi Guys,

I think it’s a great idea–just wondering if AVM neuro’s would be willing to have them available in their offices??? Guess the worst they can say is no…

My suggestion would be to print it in Landscape mode, with three per page, so the size would be (doing this in my head, sorry) about 3 3/4 x 8 1/2, and printed on card stock type paper.

Of course, might be better to design it, post it on this site, and then let members print it to take to their neuro. Would keep the costs down that way. If this is done, best to keep it in Word or as a PDF so anyone could print it.

I can put something together (it would be simple) if no one else steps forward.

I would suggest that it contain the website URL in bigger fonts, the site’s mission, that it’s a peer to peer group, that it’s FREE, that it’s welcoming, was started in _____, and has about 1,000 members currently.

Does it need a statement that “we don’t recommend one medical center / team over another, but rather relate our AVM experiences, treatments, and ways we have coped with our AVM.”

My two cents.

Ron

Perhaps you and Ron could collaborate on this?

Jake M said:

I’m certainly no pro, but I have had some experience with Microsoft Publisher. As long as I had access to the information and any artwork that would be included on the flier, it could be done with relative ease and sent out in PDF format.

I’m a graphic designer, very effecent w/ HTML as well. I would love to help out w/ leading suggestions of what you are looking for. Adobe is my best friend. :slight_smile:

Great, can you contact Ron and Jake? I just messaged Ron about this. Thanks so much!

Angela C. said:

I’m a graphic designer, very effecent w/ HTML as well. I would love to help out w/ leading suggestions of what you are looking for. Adobe is my best friend. :slight_smile:

Hey there. Besides teaching violin, my other career is as a graphics designer. I would love to offer my services to design a flyer for people to leave at their doctors’ offices, rehab facilities, etc. I was thinking that I could make:

a) a 1 page, 8.5x11 format,

b) a half-page, 5.5 x 8 format; 2 flyers per 8.5x11 sheet of paper

c) business cards; on a pdf layout for avery business card sheets

The pdf files would then be available for anyone to download and print on their own printer.

I’d love to be able to make this contribution to this incredibly supportive group. (I was already planning on making them for myself to send to the neurologists and neurosurgeons here in Austin, as well as to Lizzie’s surgeon at Stanford.)

Kati

Hey now, Adobe is MY best friend! Well, OK, I’m willing to share him/her/it? with you :wink:

Angela C. said:

Hi Ben
Dave The Face
I make web pages so I am sure I can make a flyer. Just tell me what you want in it and hey presto.
If not I will make up a couple and post them on the site so members could make up there own mind.
You could also have a compatition for the best one from members and family.

Dave

How would you post them here?

I drafted something up last night that some wizard can “pretty up”…

THANKS>
ron,

Hey Guys, here’s another possible thought.

Does anyone know what journals the Neuro’s read, like “Popular Neurology”, or “Neurology Today” (Ok, I’m making these up as I have no clue).

If one of those magazines would do a story about this site, it probably would reach a wider audience than any amount of fliers that are published.

The flip side: Is the site near capacity or such? Would 400 neuro’s logging on bring it to it’s knees? I don’t know.

And finally, if one of those deep pocket endeavors might like to start FUNDING the site, that is always good I think…

Hope this helps.
ron, ks

Good suggestion! If someone would like to take the lead on researching neuro magazines, I can also pitch in.

Ron, KS said:

Hey Guys, here’s another possible thought.

Does anyone know what journals the Neuro’s read, like “Popular Neurology”, or “Neurology Today” (Ok, I’m making these up as I have no clue).

If one of those magazines would do a story about this site, it probably would reach a wider audience than any amount of fliers that are published.

The flip side: Is the site near capacity or such? Would 400 neuro’s logging on bring it to it’s knees? I don’t know.

And finally, if one of those deep pocket endeavors might like to start FUNDING the site, that is always good I think…

Hope this helps.

ron, ks

Well I don’t know specifically about the magazines…although I have a “blog search” that pops up on my igoogle page for both AVM & ArterioVenous Malformation, and quite often there are stories printed in various doctor publication things where you can only read the abstract. I suppose that is a good place to start.

Also, what about Ivanna’s post about subscribing to Nuerology now? Maybe didn’t see enough people but there was talk about getting all the members to sign up and then maybe the magazine would be so inclinded to mention us, do an article, give us a little ad space…something!

http://www.avmsurvivors.org/forum/topics/subscribe-to-neurology-now-for