Medical Evaluation

Hi everyone!

My Husband's job is asking him to be evaluated by FOUR Neurologist (in addition of his own). Is this common? What are they looking for? Is this just to cover their "behind" (liability?

Enrique's is a little bit worried about this (not like me I'm a LOT WORRIED about it) bcause we think they're looking for something negative so not to take him back. This is after he had a seizure at work.

Did this happen to you?

Hi Rebeca,

This seems excessive. My husband had a seizure at work, and there were no questions asked. Is Enrique’s work dangerous if he has a seizure? If not, I don’t even know if it’s legal for them to ask this.

I would get in touch with the Epilepsy Foundation right away. They can (for free) advise you and advocate for your husband if necessary. They’d be good people to have in your corner if his job is trying to do something shady. You can look for a nearby branch at epilepsyfoundation.org. I don’t know where Humble is, but here are all the TX branches. If you don’t have success with one, try another! They’re all operated fairly independently.

Epilepsy Foundation Central & South Texas
10615 Perrin Beitel Rd #602
San Antonio, TX 78217-3142
(210) ■■■■■■■■
(888) ■■■■■■■■

Epilepsy Foundation Texas - Houston/Dallas/Fort Worth
2630 Fountainview Dr #210
Houston, TX 77057-7629
(713) ■■■■■■■■
(888) ■■■■■■■■

Epilepsy Foundation West Texas
1411 Amarillo Blvd E
Amarillo, TX 79107-5555
(806) ■■■■■■■■
(800) ■■■■■■■■

Dangerous? Well, he is a Police Officer but after the bleeding in 01/09, he has been working light duty, behind a desk.

I’m still going to check with the Epilepsy Foundation.

Thanks