My dentist has refused to do any dental work

since learning a few years ago that I have an AVM on my ear,scalp and now in the parotid gland by my jaw. He won’t even clean my teeth. I think when he was in dental school he saw an unknown AVM hemorrhage during an extraction. I don’t want to go to another dentist because maybe he’s right and I can’t have any dental work done and the other dentists might not know anything about AVMs. But I don’t want every tooth in my mouth to rot out so I don’t know what to do. Anybody else had a dentist refuse to work on them because of an AVM? Kim

Did you talk to your neurologist about it? I’m sure they will have something to say about it.

If I was you, I would find another dentist. This doesn’t make any sense. I’ve had a lot of dental work done with no problems. The AVM has nothing to do with the teeth.

It would be good for you to talk with your doctor about the situation. It would help you to have some support that there is no connection. But, really, find another dentist.

Al said:

If I was you, I would find another dentist. This doesn’t make any sense. I’ve had a lot of dental work done with no problems. The AVM has nothing to do with the teeth.

It would be good for you to talk with your doctor about the situation. It would help you to have some support that there is no connection. But, really, find another dentist.

Thanks for your comments. Since the AVM I have has come back and now is in the parotid gland (salivary) I was unsure if I could have dental work but I did contact my AVM surgon and he said it shouldn’t be a problem and he would talk to my dentist. Probably what I should have done initially : o ) Kim