My son's story

It sounds like even though this was heavy on your heart, you did a magnificent job supporting your son. No parent can be asked to do more.

May you find a way to heal yourself in your grief now. You have long struggled with your son's issues.

My sincere sympathy,
Ron, KS

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for comfort and peace for you and your family. God bless you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.

Ian so sorry for your loss, Kerry. I pray for your entire family and thatErik is in a better, peaceful place. God Bless you and your family.
Kathy

Thank you Jacsha...prayers for you and your daughter. Unfortunately, Erik lost his battle before his miracle came. He passed away yesterday. thank you for your kind words and prayers though. :)

i m so sorry for your loss, i hope you find some comfort in the website, people from all over pray and send positive energy so ypu can find peace

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope he is pain free and at peace.

No words can really express my hearfelt condolences and sympathy for you and your loved ones at the passing of your wonderful son. May God give you comfort at this time of loss. Kim

So sorry for your son & family. I to am very sad & struggling with coping. But by the grace of God at least I haven’t had a reoccurrence. I stay focused on therapy, was able to move back on my own. Just trying to pick up the pieces. God be with your son & family.
Debbie Raynes

God bless you all. May his memory be eternal.

My best wishes and prayers

Kerry I am so very sorry to hear of Erik's passing. I hope you find comfort here among us. We're all thinking of you.

God has said ENOUGH! My prayers go up for you and all those who loved Erik that God will comfort you as only He can

I am so sorry about your son's passing, I know I don't have the right words to say, but I had to say something, please know I am praying for God's peace for you and your family
Lisa

Kerry, I am so sorry to hear of your son's passing. May you find strength and comfort from friends and family during this time.

Your story is a reminder to me of, despite all of the great work accomplished so far, how much more in the way of outreach, to both those with AVMs and those who support them, still remains to be done. With that in mind and your son's story on my heart, I took a moment today to make a small donation to Ben's friends. It's my hope that in the future no mother losing a child because a vascular condition would ever find herself without a place like this one to turn to for encouragement and support. As you grieve the loss of your son I hope you find yourself comforted here and in some small way nurtured - lifted, strengthened and buoyed up.

Don't Tell Me

Please don't tell me you know how I feel,
Unless you have lost your child too,
Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,
Because that is just not true,
Please don't tell me my son is in a better place,
Though it is true, I want him here with me,
Don't tell me someday I'll hear his voice, see his face,
Beyond today I cannot see,
Don't tell me it is time to move on,
Because I cannot,
Don't tell me to face the fact he is gone,
Because denial is something I can't stop,
Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,
Because I wanted more,
Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,
I'll never be as I was before,
What you can tell me is you will be here for me,
That you will listen when I talk of my child,
You can share with me my precious memories,
You can even cry with me for a while,
And please don't hesitate to say his name,
Because it is something I long to hear everyday,
Friend please realize that I can never be the same,
But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday.

Judi Walker
(In Memory of Shane)
Copyright 1998

Thank you for sharing your story, I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks Rhonda for posting that and sharing it,in a weird way people who dont enven know each other feel conected, and supported

There is a saying ‘There but for the grace of God go I’ This could have been my story had things gone differently. I think this is why we all feel so connected.

Kerry,

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Like many others my heart breaks for you and your family but we all know there is a special angel in heaven. God Bless you !!

Terri