Need support and prayers-Seans Mom

hello there - you are in my/our prayers. it sounds like sean is making progress every day and that is fantastic! stay strong, and like some others have mentioned, be sure to get rest.

Wow. Coming into this late but gosh, reading Sean’s story so far just made me cry. You sound like amazing parents and he is a fighter. I will pray for Sean right now so he continues to progress each day. I hope you are keeping a journal if you can. Anything is possible n his recovery. No matter what they tell you. I also believe in the power of music so play some of his favourite tunes for him if you can.
Big hugs to you and your husband and Sean from Canada.

Joy,
Tnank you for your prayers. So many are praying for Sean. He is my onlly child and God had mercy on him and our prayers are being answered. He loves his music and has requested we bring him his MP4 player with all of his favorite downloaded songs. We visit him everyday.
Today he was really coherent. He loves his favorite shows on TV. His favorites are “I Love Lucy” and “The Simpsons” .

Seans Mom

Reading his progress brings back many memories for me. I remember the swallow test and it was miserable but necessary so that I could start eating “real” food, albeit nasty hospital food. I swear to you that music helps. Music was always such an important part of my life and though my memory issues still exist, I can remember lyrics to all my songs. When I was able to tap my foot to my music is when my husband knew that I was “in there”. All of the problems Sean is having now are to be expected after a bleed and craini. Healing can be a long process and it will be extraordinarily difficult for Sean. It’s a great thing that he has a great supportive family to help him. I’m sure it’s awful for you too. I’m so glad it was me and not one of my girls. I can’t imagine what you parents go through. Stay strong and celebrate all of Sean’s victories, no matter how small! Good luck to all of you!

My sister, Julie Legner Anderson, had a brain bleed due to an AVM last July 2008. Julie made me aware of your son’s condition and asked that we give you some support. I and my other family members have been where you are and it was so frightening. Sean’s progress sounds really encouraging though. You and Sean are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sean’s mom - you are in my prayers. Stay strong and believe…god bless you and your whole family - /pat

Sean still has memory issues. He needs to learn to walk on his own again. He has taken some steps with the assistance of two physical therapist and they say he is strong but slow to understand commands.

Thank you for helping me to understand what he is going through.

Seans Mom

Hi. My family had almost exactly the same experience that you’re having when I had my AVM rupture. Keep trusting the Lord - He is our healer! Don’t be discouraged - realise that progress takes time. And don’t be too alarmed about the memory issues and walking problems - I was the same but it all came back!

My Nephew Is home, by the Grace of God, I love him so much, and again Thank you to all for your support and Prayer,s. My Prayers are also with you all,

It’s really good to hear the good news about Sean! Praise the Lord!

Thank you John,

Sean is doing well with his walking. His left side neglect is the biggest problem at this time. He will be starting rehab at Long Beach Memorial hospital next week. I work with him everyday on the “left side Neglect”. We worked on the walking and steps for a week and he has done very well.

God is real, God is good…Prayer is powerful!

Sean’s Mom

Sean, I am proud of you Nephew, Praying always for you, and my sister,

I just read this, I was so glad to hear he is doing good, I was so upset to hear the hospital did not want you to talk to him or touch him. Oh GOD, how wrong they are. I was in a coma , not induced, I could hear much of what was said, the closser to my ear the speaking was the better I could hear, I was not there all of the time, where I was , I don’t know but, I repeated many conversations back. I came out of the coma on life support. One thing I know for sure, if you have a family member in a coma, talk to them, tell them what is going on, put the tv, or music on, tell them what happened, what day it is, what your going to do.
And sorry but I am no longer an organ donner, because in my coma, I heard them requesting my organs while telling my mother I was never going to come out of the coma then again when the nurse told my sister to convince my sister to have me taken off life support and donate my organs because I would never make it. Yep, I heard it all. Lucky for me, I also heard my mother say, I don’t care if she is a veg. I am taking her home. Well, instead, my neice got me out of that hosp. by helicoptor, next one got me out of coma, then the next one did surgery. Sometimes we have to go with our gut, and laying there I felt better when I heard my Mother and family talking, not when it was quiet.

And yes I heard my Mother saying the rosery.

Sean sleeps alot and is always in fear that something else will happen to him. He takes “Ativan” because he has many anxiety attacks because of his fears. He is so scared it will happen again.
I tell him he is okay and is a Miracle. I know it will take a long time until his fears subside. I thank God he can walk.