Omega3/ Fish oil... IT DOES HELP!

My brother walked into the house one day and said…

“YOU’RE HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER ALL THE TIME…THIS IS GOOD FOR YOU, LOOK IT UP, OMEGA 3 (he handed me the bottle of Omega 3)” So it wasn’t long before I “wiki-it”…I take fish oil (Omega 3), I believe the claims below are true- I’m not promoting but anything I find that will help us AVM-ERS out I will post. Here are the FACTS WIKIPEDIA HAS NAMED (not ME!!!):

"On September 8, 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave “qualified health claim” status to eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) n−3 fatty acids, stating that “supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA [n−3] fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.”[2] This updated and modified their health risk advice letter of 2001 (see below).

People with certain circulatory problems, such as varicose veins, benefit from fish oil. Fish oil stimulates blood circulation, increases the breakdown of fibrin, a compound involved in clot and scar formation, and additionally has been shown to reduce blood pressure.[3][4] There is strong scientific evidence that n−3 fatty acids significantly reduce blood triglyceride levels[5][6][7][8] and regular intake reduces the risk of secondary and primary heart attack.[9][10][11][12]

Some benefits have been reported in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis[13][14] and cardiac arrhythmias.[15][16][17]

There is a promising preliminary evidence that n-3 fatty acids supplementation might be helpful in cases of depression[18][19] and anxiety.[20][21] Studies report highly significant improvement from n-3 fatty acids supplementation alone and in conjunction with medication.[22]"

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid

Regis =)

I did notice ‘a gain’ in concentrain- some of my coworkers ask me for help, even the supervisors have trouble sometimes with a task…but I used to be a sup (the #2 in charge) of that building before, I just fire away and suggest before they even get that puzzled look…hahaha
Regis

I remember having heard this was good for kids before think i might put Paul & I on this, Sav said you can get orange chew flavour for kids so think i’ll get some next time at shops, thanks for this Regis

oh stop it you MAD SCOT! haha… You should really thank my ‘siblings’… they are the ones who recommended it…

I’m just curiuos as to where I live… “Over here in the ‘mother land’…” Sister, brother, bastard land? haha…

To defend this: There’s a whole story about about a wine that is made in Burgundy; ‘Batard-Montrachet’ it’s from the ‘cote de beaune’- it’s a Montrachet! So I was thinking along those lines =P

Hey you two stop talking about booze - THATS MY JOB!
No no your right i forgot you can talk about it and I DRINK IT!
SmileyCentral.com

NO, SERIOUSLY- WHO OTHER THAN SAVINDER (AND FAMILY) is willing to read up/or take the Omega 3?

Regis

That was one of the first supplements i bought for my husband ones we found out about the avm. The other folic acids and B complex They are supposed to be very good for the nervous system and brain
Silvia

yes, THE BRAIN indeed…

One guy at work takes it- he told me it’s like using “high octane gas” in your car, your car runs better. I laughed… but you get the idea. I feel better taking it.

Anymore questions, PLEASE- do ask!

REGIS =)

I am taking too (thanks Savinder)!

I am willing to do it s0 after taking Paul to school tomorrow i will go into town to health store and get some for me and the flavoured ones for Paul. If it helps good cause I will need it for college in Aug as not studied in years. I will get into my system and let you know how i feel

Thanks Regis,
Sounds like a fishy story. but will try anything once! Hope you are doing well.
have a great day…d
Sending Angel light and love…d

I’m ‘in’. Been taking it for over a year. I feel like my grandfather- every morning I’ve go this little pill box of vitamins- fish oil is only one! I think I see the biggest benefit from the B supplements. I can really tell the difference on days when I forget to take them.

You worry about that stereotype?

It’s not overnight, I take 1200mg with breakfast, lunch, and dinner- I think Savinder is on the same dosage.

Gotta GO!
REGIS =)

I started this not tooo long ago for my other conditions and it has helped them (Bipolar and Fibromyalgia) so good to know it helps for this too!

Where did you buy it, Jo? In a drug store?

I think the best places are Sams or Costco. They have a website…

BBC website also has more on Omega 3s http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/intelligenceandmemory/omega_three.shtml
I think the evidence is scanty on this yet, but lots of people say it helps their kids to concentrate particularly if they suffer from hyperactivity disorders. I believe the link between heart health and omega 3s has been well established
Also I don’t think you necessarily need the supplements if your diet contains plenty of oily fish such as mackerel, herring, salmon or tuna (not tinned).
Supplments are of course often easier and then you don’t have to worry about mercury!