Optic Illusions

Since my craniotomy on the right temporal lobe on october the 6..i have some visual disturbbances..beside the loss of my lower left vision field I experience optic illusions--mostly to the left side too..i see things like sth glittering or shimmering..sometimes black shapes moving from the left to the center of my vision....I think these are optic illusions...like slight hallucinations. Has anyone of u experienced this? Is it a part of the healing process..i like to tell myself its the optic nerves trying to givee some impulses....sometimes I like to hope, that its from my vision field trying to return...but I dont know....

My crani was right temporal as well. I too see a lot of the 'shadows and, flashes of light! I have discovered that I see the flashes of light mostly when there is really something there, like a shoe on the floor I might Almost trip over-- but its like my brain doesn't say "hello", shoe, it just doesn't register as anything but a strobe light! Like a warning, but I don't get the full image, just the flashing lights. I've been told this is a characteristic of the Occipital Lobe? Did you try the DynaVision machine in therapy yet?
Nicole

I have no kind of therapy yet..my neurosurgeon told me it could be nothing from the surgery so they didnt touch the optic nerve and he told me to see an ophthalmologist. I have an appointment at the 2 of january...i think they will examine my eyes and make a vision field test too. These optic illusions have already gotten so much better the last weeks....sometimes they are complete gone..in the beginning they were really worse..i saw a lot of things....now its sometimes weird when i look into the mirror..to my face..athough i have problems doing my eye make up coz somehow i cannot see both eyes at the same time properly..i canĀ“t compare if the make up is the same on both sides.....but i see shimmering shapes on my eyes and sometimes little black spots on my cheeks..its weird....