Right side weakness from a left avm bleed

I am going thru a tough time with dealing with a very slow healing process or even a recession in feeling on my right side. Can diff. meds help me? should i keep trying diff. dr.s
reppik

Reppik, I have dealth with the same thing… I had an AVM in my left tempioral lobe, had a craniotomy to remove the AVM, and ended up with weakness, partial numbness, as well as vision loss on my right side. I did go through some physical therapy to try to build up some of the strength that I lost on my right side, but to the best of my knowledge, there isn’t really much that can be done to treat the problem via medication. The weakness, at least initially, is not a result of the loss of muscle mass, but rather, a loss of sensation and control due to nerve damage in the area of the brain that helps to control your muscle function. A physician may prescrible physical therapy if you discuss this with them, and this may help speed up the weakness aspect of the healing process.

does that mean meds won’t help and that the problem might be from the bleed or one of the four embilizations i have had thanks reppik

Jake M said:

Reppik, I have dealth with the same thing… I had an AVM in my left tempioral lobe, had a craniotomy to remove the AVM, and ended up with weakness, partial numbness, as well as vision loss on my right side. I did go through some physical therapy to try to build up some of the strength that I lost on my right side, but to the best of my knowledge, there isn’t really much that can be done to treat the problem via medication. The weakness, at least initially, is not a result of the loss of muscle mass, but rather, a loss of sensation and control due to nerve damage in the area of the brain that helps to control your muscle function. A physician may prescrible physical therapy if you discuss this with them, and this may help speed up the weakness aspect of the healing process.

As a general rule, bleeding inside the brain is likely to cause damage to brain tissue. While blood traveling through vessels is “safe,” blood that comes in contact with the brain through an unusual type of contact is toxic and can kill brain cells. If you have an active bleed and the embolization has not stopped the bleeding, then I doubt medication is going to solve the problem. I suppose it is possible that your doctor may place you on blood pressure medication to try to reduce the pressure on the bleed, but I could be way off. It sounds like you rally need to speak with another doctor or two.