Symptoms of bleeding

February 18th I was released from Icu because my AVM in the pons region of my brainstem bled. The neurosurgeon told me there was nothing that could be done. A few days ago I started experiencing mild tingling in my hand. I also was having mild headaches. I am now experiencing more tingling, it is now in my foot and now one of my legs feels weak and I feel nausea. I have a feeling my bleeding has returned however since my dr pretty much told me he can’t do anything unless I am in a coma I was wondering what other alternatives I could do. I am scheduled to see a vascular surgeon on 3/11… I’m hoping he will give me a liitle more comfort or at least options for treatment. So far I have had no treatment nor given any suggestions on what I need to do. All I have been itold is to pretty much just deal with it unless symptoms are severe. It’s just hard when I feel so helpless…

I think that your symptoms are getting more severe and should call your doctor. Better to be safe. If anything maybe they can help with the headache and nausea.

Dennis, I'm with Jamie on this. Call the doctor and let him/her know what's going on. If you need too.. call your family doctor to get meds for the headache and nausea.

I get nauseouse from my headaches quite often. My unprofessional thought on it is: There's a good chance that you are experiencing side effects yet, from the bleed that you had. A vascular surgeon knows a lot more about avms than a lot of other doctors do, and should be able help you more.

Dennis,

I had surgery in the pons region of my brainstem. Part of the after effects has been tingling (feels like pins & needles) in my arms and legs. My systems before the unplanned surgery was headaches. I went to dr. with dizziness and slurring of my speach that is when they did an MRI and found the AVM. I had surgery several days after that. I hope you gets some answers from the vacular surgeon.

The only thing i can tell you is what one doctor wont do another will. When the doctor told me there was nothing he could do with my son I told him that was not acceptable and I insisted that they come up with something. They did but his AVM was not in the stem of his brain. I can't say that would help you. I will say prayer is a powerful thing. I will also say be persistent and remember there is always somebody thinking about you. I wish you the very best and don't give up. It's not over until God says it's over. He may have plans for you beyond your imagination.

Thank you so much for all your help and support. I am glad to know that I am not alone.

Dennis, it would be wise to see another doctor. Perhaps wait until after you see the vascular surgeon. You will probably find that this surgeon knows a lot more than the other one, but if not, find one that knows a whole lot about AVMs. I wouldn’t accept being told they couldn’t help me unless I was in a coma. But that’s just me.

Trisha,

I totally agree. I am counting the days until I see this new Dr. I refuse to believe that there is nothing that can be done.

Trish said:

Dennis, it would be wise to see another doctor. Perhaps wait until after you see the vascular surgeon. You will probably find that this surgeon knows a lot more than the other one, but if not, find one that knows a whole lot about AVMs. I wouldn't accept being told they couldn't help me unless I was in a coma. But that's just me.

I had a bleed in my pons area as well. None of my doctors here in my town would do surgery on it so I went home for 10 days and the bleeding began again. I was once again admitted to ICU for a few more days where at that point they chose to transfer me by ambulance to another city to a wonderful doctor that did the surgery and to this day I no longer have any deficits from those bleeds…(during my 10 days home, I was always nausious, vomiting, and my body all over felt like it had fallen asleep, blurry double vision, right sided paralysis, you really need to tell your doctor to find you someone to do the surgery!)