The swooshing is driving me crazy

Okay I could use some help or suggestions… I’ve been doing so good lately… my headaches have really become manageable (I think from the stress relieve of no immediate surgery) but yesterday the swooshing came back with a vengeance, it seems non-stop right now, for the last 24 hours. I can’t remember the noises being this consistent or strong, can anyone offer any advice or suggestions? I do not return to my doctor again until mid March…

Rosemary
Keeping you Eustachian tube open well help lessen the noise.There are a lot of way to keep them open I use the scuba diving style,just shut your mouth hold your nose and gently try and blow throught your nose.If one opens and the other doesn’t I place a finger in the one that opened and blow again.I also use a all natural inhaler Brand name Olbas never a nozel spray. Heres a web site that may help
http://www.medicinenet.com/eustachian_tube_problems/page3.htm
Oh by the way it sounds like its time for a third opinion two Drs with different opinion need a third one to settle the fight . Hang in there Cya Gordon

Thanks Gordon… great advice!! on both ends… :slight_smile:

Gordon D said:

Rosemary
Keeping you Eustachian tube open well help lessen the noise.There are a lot of way to keep them open I use the scuba diving style,just shut your mouth hold your nose and gently try and blow throught your nose.If one opens and the other doesn’t I place a finger in the one that opened and blow again.I also use a all natural inhaler Brand name Olbas never a nozel spray. Heres a web site that may help

http://www.medicinenet.com/eustachian_tube_problems/page3.htm

Oh by the way it sounds like its time for a third opinion two Drs with different opinion need a third one to settle the fight . Hang in there Cya Gordon

Hi Rosemary,

I know how you feel, it just never stops. I did what Gordon D reccommended (Holding your nose & gently blowing) It worked for me, I can’t get over how quiet my noise is today. It’s still present but I can hardly hear it. So It’s worth a try… Thank you Gordon I’m sure I’ll handle my days a little better now…I hope you find some peace soon Rosemary…thinking of you…Jude.

Rosemary: I know how you feel…I hear it out of my left ear and as a nurse it poses a hugre problem. It sometimes wakes me up…I am going to try Gordon’s advice…anything right! I think its hte most frustraing about this avm and a constant reminder. Hang in there…sometiems I just keep noises on in the house tv, music. Glad your headachs have lessened…! Peace, Mare

Hi Jude and Mare,

I’ve a had a pretty good week after the weekend frustrations… and yes Mare they wake me up to… funny thing is it’s when I’m most relaxed that I hear it the most… canoeing, camping, sleeping… and especially after having a couple of drinks… Gordon’s suggestion was great and helpful… but I do agree it’s just a friendly reminder that something just isn’t right… but I do understand by comparison I really shouldn’t complain… it could be so much worse… :slight_smile: thanks for the support and wishing you guys peace and serenity too!!! hugs** Rosemary

Mare said:

Rosemary: I know how you feel…I hear it out of my left ear and as a nurse it poses a hugre problem. It sometimes wakes me up…I am going to try Gordon’s advice…anything right! I think its hte most frustraing about this avm and a constant reminder. Hang in there…sometiems I just keep noises on in the house tv, music. Glad your headachs have lessened…! Peace, Mare