Third Stage - Degradation Post Embolisation?

Ok, so I thought I should update my story a bit. This was how the world looked on 27th:

Since then, a couple of things:

The day after my procedure, the neuro’s letter about my early March appointment came through, saying that he didn’t feel an angiogram would show anything. I felt he had misunderstood what I had described as my symptoms and the letter to my care team felt misleading, so I wrote a letter back to all of the doctors on the letter to set out my symptoms, one by one, in priority order (so far as I know).

A week later, I think, 2nd April, my wound from my angiogram was getting more sore day by day and in the evening of the Monday, exploring the wound and bruising more, I found a pulsing lump in the wound! Spent the night in A&E getting that checked out but the doctor I eventually saw (about 01:20am) was convinced it was just the remnants of a bleed, not an aneurysm or pseudo-aneurysm, so that was good.

In the last week, the wound has got better and I’m not 100% comfortable but much, much better than a week ago.

I was remarkably more dizzy and more headachy than I remember from my angiogram last year. At least 2-3 days of head feeling poorly, if not 4 or 5 days. And 1-2 weeks of feeling more dizzy. I did feel as though the contrast material had had an adverse affect on my balance for those 2 weeks, a bit like Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle / the Observer Effect, though I assumed it was temporary and to do with the foreign material. I’d say I’m back to normal again now.

Today, I’ve had a letter through, inviting me for an MRI next week of what sounds like my inner ear.

So… I hope a bit of progress, prompted by the multidisciplinary meeting perhaps last Tuesday.

Not sure why I’m sharing at this level of detail but I always aim that one day someone here finds my ramblings, my experience helpful to them.

Richard

1 Like