Web site problems

Help ! I have lost my ability to edit my home page or communicate with anyone. I am no computer expert. Why can I no longer edit or respond to friends ?

Really? That’s not good. Is anyone else having issues? I looked into our web site host’s web site and no outages have been reported.

Please post a comment if you are experiencing Robert’s issue and I’ll look into it.

No problems here, Ben.

Robert- Are you maybe online at work or something? Through a secure server which has at least some sort of “controls?”

I have very limited functionality when I log on at work. (Like I am now!) My screen comes up all white with none of the links but lots of little red x’s, I can’t reply to my inbox or send outgoing messages, and I can’t add or except friends. This is just to mention the things I know I can’t do. I’m sure I’m limited in other ways too!

So maybe that is the same thing that is happening to you? When I’m at home on my normal computer, the site works perfectly fine!

Shalon

I have had some problems also , often while I am looking arround I get stuck on a page and , it won’t let me exit . I have to close the site and come back in . I don’t know much about computers ,it may be on my end .

Pauline, this one sounds like a personal desktop issue. I’m talking with Robert offline to help troubleshoot his specific issue now.

pauline horsley said:

I have had some problems also , often while I am looking arround I get stuck on a page and , it won’t let me exit . I have to close the site and come back in . I don’t know much about computers ,it may be on my end .

Okay, problem solved. Thanks, all.

I don’t have this problem, but can’t edit after posting. All I find is where it can be deleated & then done all over again. Is there a trick? Oh- & a spell check would be fantastic too. :wink:

Not sure about the editing part. I’ll look and see if there is a trick for that.

Try double clicking on the text of what you posted and see if it comes up to edit. That is what I just did right now…

As for spell check- the quick solution is to switch your browser to Firefox (I have no allegiance to any specific software of browser stuff, I don’t in fact hate Microsoft for no good reason) which apparently has spell check on ANYTHING you do! I have found that it is my favorite feature! Lots of little red underlines when I’m typing! But it fixes it!

Not me Ben,it seems to be working fine on my end,caroline

Firefox (or Google Chrome, http://www.google.com/chrome) have built-in spell checkers. Google Chrome is the best browser I’ve ever used.