What positive outcome has your operation brought for you?

Days (or probably weeks) before the ‘accident’, I seemed to be running out of choices. I spoiled a chance to write for a lifestyle magazine because I thought I will be employed in a telecommunications company as its corporate communicator. I would spend quite sometime again with nothing that could bring me closer to my goal. I appeared out of choices.

My third shot at life enabled me to backtrack. I would be starting all over again. Everything from scratch. A new dimension. A new direction. A new movie starring me.

Hi Lucky, I suppose it’s after giving me a greater appreciation of life and how much we take for granted, really puts life into perspective and how much one can worry about small things without looking at the greater picture:)

I agree. I appreciate life more and am grateful I beat the odds and survived. I also feel like I survived for a reason, like maybe there is something I need to do in life

I used to get really pissed off when people told me how lucky i was,want a share of my luck bud?
now i realise i was not lucky but looked after and cared for:)
Jmo said:

Hi Lucky, I suppose it’s after giving me a greater appreciation of life and how much we take for granted, really puts life into perspective and how much one can worry about small things without looking at the greater picture:)

Hi Mae,

I think the most positive thing that has happened because of the AVM has been joining this site and getting to meet you and other AVM survivors. Being an AVM survivor has given me and identity and a renewed sense of purpose.

Take care,

Debbie

Hi lucky, most positive outcome for me is every day is to be lived and lived to the full and lived happily:)

As I’ve said, my third life has given me the chance to live again.

I’ve also met my father, who happens to be just turning up whenever I had an operation. I wonder if it would take another one again for me to see him…

Er, I asked about positive outcomes! That was in a way, for now I understand how everyone can affect everyone with everything : )

You have touched my life too, Debbie. I’m really glad that this site allowed you to be fulfilled and happy!

Do you mean to say Jim that you don’t get pissed now? What did you specifically do? Is it really only through time?

May you share the experiences that boosted you, Ninibeth? How soon have you figured out that the people around you are actually helping you out? Is there a particular activity that you could recommend?

Have you found out your mission, Mary?

My husband begins his story where his life was suppose to end on that morning May of 1980. the Doctor’s walking toward the waiting room to give the news to his family as he lay in his room fighting for his life.

The doctor’s walked into the waiting room to tell the family that their son would not make it through the night. The blood had covered his brain.

Mark did make it through the night and also through the next 2 avms that occurred a couple days later.

Mark was brought up in a Christian home. he believes that he has had an opportunity to have a relationship with God and it has changed his life knowing that God is not finished using him.

Love and God Bless
Mark and Tina

gave me the courage to accept a new job and most important made me realise how good my girlfriend was (she is a nurse). x

How sweet! How could everybody else continue loving when I was left behind? Stupid question.

Luke S said:

gave me the courage to accept a new job and most important made me realise how good my girlfriend was (she is a nurse). x

Thank you for sharing your husband’s story. Such courage by your husband, Mark.

Tina said:

My husband begins his story where his life was suppose to end on that morning May of 1980. the Doctor’s walking toward the waiting room to give the news to his family as he lay in his room fighting for his life…