When will I ever get my energy back

I had a bleed and craniotomy on November 7th. I am sooooooooo tired all the time. I am back at work( I teach 5th grade) and have 3 kids (ages 16 mos. to 10). I sleep so much and cannot wake up in the morning. How long will it take to get my energy back to normal after surgery?

Mary Kate,

Sorry I’m just now getting to your post. I am always tired and I got really tired just reading your post. I don’t know how you are working (with a room full of children!!) and taking care of three children. I’ve been able to tie my fatigue to audio sound. It doesn’t have to be loud, any sound simply drains all my energy. I haven’t found anyone with this symptom. I’m sorry I don’t have something helpful to share. All I know is that I when I push myself bad things start to happen. I drop things, hurt myself, forget really important stuff. All I can say is to take care of yourself as much as you can.

Kim

Kim, I also get fatigued by audio sound.
How are you in supermarkets? I only go in when they are quiet, prefer quieter shops. I love peace and quiet.

Would be interested to hear how you manage your 'audio-sound tiredness if you want to drop me a note (am new to this system and find it a bit tricky to navigate).

When did you have your op? Mine was 20 years ago, I still get tired, it’s just one of those annoying things.

flower
x

I am constantly fatigued. It’s been 16 years since my accident. It comes and goes, but I expect it more often than not!

My AVM ruptured in 2002 and I still have so much fatigue. But then, I also have fibromyalgia, so I guess maybe some symptoms can be blurred together, if you know what I mean.

Wow Mary Kate - I don’t know how you manage to handle all that. I think if I were you I’d be exhausted even without the AVM problems!

Are you able to maybe lay your head on your desk during breaks for sort of ‘power naps’? I know you said you sleep a lot but are still tired, but maybe it would help a little if you could have one or two short rests during the day.

Sorry I don’t have anything more helpful than that. If I figure out anything better I’ll let everyone know.

Best to you.

Hi Mary

I am starting work next week, and I hope my coworkers can understand, basically, I have lose most of my energy, felling tired like a baby, mostly my legs.

Reagrds
Chui

Flower, I’ve never met anyone with audio-tiredness like myself. It’s somehow reassuring to meet someone with the same deficit but I am not glad that you have it to deal with. Grocery shopping is the worst… I go at 6am, not many shoppers but have to tend with all the noise from the stockers. The ones pushing those large metal flat things on wheels can send me to my knees if I don’t see it coming. I’ve not had any intervention as my AVM in within my spinal cord. I’ve sent you a friend request. If I don’t respond right away it’s because I’ve ran out of energy that day.

flower said:

Kim, I also get fatigued by audio sound.
How are you in supermarkets? I only go in when they are quiet, prefer quieter shops. I love peace and quiet.

Would be interested to hear how you manage your 'audio-sound tiredness if you want to drop me a note (am new to this system and find it a bit tricky to navigate).

When did you have your op? Mine was 20 years ago, I still get tired, it’s just one of those annoying things.

flower

x

I’ve done some research on the topic and have found a medical/scientific name for our audio issue. Hyperacusis. There is a site of the same name: www.hyperacusis.org. Check it out.

Kim