WooHoo! Finally!

Ok like im doing the happy dance my son finally has an appt at Stanford and there is a Ronald McDonald house and cause of his age we got on the list. Ty GOD and to all those that help point me in the right direction. So im renting a car cause my Jeep will not make the 7 hr drive south. We are leaving on the 1st of nov Zach’s appt is at 10am on the 2nd. Bless you all!!!

Great job! Good for you to make that all happen. I hope Nov 1 arrives as quickly as possible. And what a blessing to have Ronald Mcdonald house. Awesome

Sarah,
I’m so happy and relieved for you and your son to have that appt. scheduled and plans are in the works to see a GREAT dr, and there is a Ronald McDonald House available. Hooray!! :slight_smile:
Please keep us updated when you can.
Bless you both,
Patti
P.S. Sometimes the wait can be long, (Dr. Steinberg’s a busy dr.), so have reading material, etc. on hand @ your appts., snacks too if your son can eat. :slight_smile:

Pattie they staffed it and will start him off with a general nuero however that is fine its a start in the right direction they did say he has epilepsy which no one has ever said he did im liking this place already. I started to cry when I was talking to them it was like a big wieght had been lifted. I was at work and they called here to the house and my son answered he gave them my cell. After all was said I called him with the good news and when I got home there was a spark in his eyes. :slight_smile:

Sarah,
I can only imagine your relief!
As a patient, it’s hard work being your own advocate, and you are your son’s advocate all the while coping w/everything else in life. I admire and praise you for what you are doing on his behalf.
Keep on dancing! :slight_smile:
Patti

sarah said:
Pattie they staffed it and will start him off with a general nuero however that is fine its a start in the right direction they did say he has epilepsy which no one has ever said he did im liking this place already. I started to cry when I was talking to them it was like a big wieght had been lifted. I was at work and they called here to the house and my son answered he gave them my cell. After all was said I called him with the good news and when I got home there was a spark in his eyes. :)

It is hard to be your own advocate. I will keep dancing ty for all your kind words I will be taking my laptop with me so I will keep you all updated. Nov 1st can’t get here soon enough. My bday is in 21 days so this is the best present that I could’ve got is this appt for Zach, and to honor my son im getting the cherokee rose tatoo on my lower back check out the meaning and story behind it it will give you chills. ( we are cherokee as well)

What a ‘gift’ you are to one another.

You guys keep dancing, knowing “we’re” here cheering you on! :slight_smile:
Patti
sarah said:

It is hard to be your own advocate. I will keep dancing ty for all your kind words I will be taking my laptop with me so I will keep you all updated. Nov 1st can’t get here soon enough. My bday is in 21 days so this is the best present that I could’ve got is this appt for Zach, and to honor my son im getting the cherokee rose tatoo on my lower back check out the meaning and story behind it it will give you chills. ( we are cherokee as well)