Blood pressure issues

Since the bleed, the doctor’s have tried to keep my bp on the low side (even though I’ve read conflicting articles about the relevancy of blood pressure in a bleed). I guess I would be pre-hypertensive with or without the avm.

Anyway, I seem to be having a problem with sudden drops in blood pressure. To the point, that, I get vertigo, weakness in my limbs and even feel like I may pass out. Its possible that since my avm bleed was in my brain stem that it may have messed up the control mechanism for bp.

So, I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue crop up?

Thanks-
Brian

Brian, I acquired high blood pressure approximately twenty-one months after my incident. No physician could determine why. Best guess was all that had transpired-too many changes-brains are tricky. my BP before the incident was so low that if a physician did not “know” me they were concerned. BP seemed to rise as the months passed and FINALLY got to the almost critical number. I KNEW I was in trouble when I was at 120/80 . That was MY sign to start talking…who listens??? Tried many different meds-and combinations of meds. FINALLY settled on Atenolol .25 as it had the least side affects for me and keeps me consistent.
Every PB med comes with the instruction/warning that moving quickly apon awakening, after sitting, bending over and lifting should be done slower than “before”. How is your potassium level / Are you eating an extra banana or orange every day…it is beneficial…
Starting at the lowest possible dose was protocol or so I was told. Even then sudden drops and those vertigo episodes seem rather common at first…You know what to do, call that physician, make the appoint, write the questions and answers down. Did you see a cardiologist ? HMMM…Did you purchase the handy-dandy potable (for those trips) battery operated small bp unit?? Most pharmacies carry them, not too expensive, good to track BP. Are you keeping the journal that you should have been told to-just jot down those “odd” feelings and occurences and date and TIME stamp them. Excellent means of tracking changes for you and “docs” .
I am hushing up now. Check with the “Docs” …Meds take time to “balance” dosage and for our bodies to acclimate. Now go get answers. Be good to you . Take care of you.

Thanks, Marianne-
I do have one of those portable bp machines and use it often. I think that new meds will be on my list of topics when I see the dr next week. It just seems odd to have these dramatic ups & downs.

marianne elizondo said:

Brian, I acquired high blood pressure approximately twenty-one months after my incident. No physician could determine why. Best guess was all that had transpired-too many changes-brains are tricky. my BP before the incident was so low that if a physician did not “know” me they were concerned. BP seemed to rise as the months passed and FINALLY got to the almost critical number. I KNEW I was in trouble when I was at 120/80 . That was MY sign to start talking…who listens??? Tried many different meds-and combinations of meds. FINALLY settled on Atenolol .25 as it had the least side affects for me and keeps me consistent.
Every PB med comes with the instruction/warning that moving quickly apon awakening, after sitting, bending over and lifting should be done slower than “before”. How is your potassium level / Are you eating an extra banana or orange every day…it is beneficial…
Starting at the lowest possible dose was protocol or so I was told. Even then sudden drops and those vertigo episodes seem rather common at first…You know what to do, call that physician, make the appoint, write the questions and answers down. Did you see a cardiologist ? HMMM…Did you purchase the handy-dandy potable (for those trips) battery operated small bp unit?? Most pharmacies carry them, not too expensive, good to track BP. Are you keeping the journal that you should have been told to-just jot down those “odd” feelings and occurences and date and TIME stamp them. Excellent means of tracking changes for you and “docs” .
I am hushing up now. Check with the “Docs” …Meds take time to “balance” dosage and for our bodies to acclimate. Now go get answers. Be good to you . Take care of you.