Finished Avastin!

Hey again!

After several months, I’ve officially finished Avastin to help treat the severe swelling that came about after receiving gamma knife radiation for my parieto-occipital AVM. I had a follow up MRI that showed the swelling has drastically decreased, so no need for any more infusions, yay! I’ve unfortunately been dealing with some vision loss in my right field of vision as a result of the swelling that my doctor said is likely permanent, so I’m adjusting to that. But I’m hopeful that I’m close to feeling better here soon! Now just have to get off the decadron (still trying to ween off—I’m at about 1.5mg now and trying to decrease) and then of course, continue to deal with the AVM. But just wanted to share my experience with Avastin in case anyone else has to go through it. It personally was a big help!

6 Likes

Hey Erin,

I’m very happy to hear how well you are progressing! Sharing your experience with Avastin and your super positive mindset will inspire a lot of people going through the same journey.

Keep pushing on!

Andrew

2 Likes

Thanks Andrew! Some days are definitely more difficult than others, but it helps to see some definitive movement in the right direction!

3 Likes