Headaches and Spinal AVM

Hi all
just wondering if anyone with spinal AVM suffers from headaches.
I can see that the brain AVM'ers suffer from headaches - that is completely logical but I'm a little stumped as to why I'm getting continual headaches with the spinal AVM. I'm seeing my neurologist this week so will get the low down then but in the meantime any help with this would be appreciated!

Hi - I get headaches too! I’m not sure why but I’ve thought they were due to my cervical spine @ C6/7 cord was compressed and never healed. My AVM is in Thoracic spine T12 thru T1. Let me know what you find out please.

Hi Margot

I just was released from icu on Sunday after an emergency embolization of my L 1 feeder last week. I have been diagnosed with the avm for the past 7 years. I have not had any headaches with my avm. I have L1, L2, t 11 and t 12 feeders still open. So it could all be part the placement of your avm. good luck with your doctor. Keep us posted. I would like to hear more from you, seeing that we both have spinal avm. I go to the dentist today. A tooth was chipped on a breathing tube during surgery. I go to my pcp for evaluation on Friday. Start physical therapy on Monday to hopefully get my right ankle and foot back to walking and then back to neurology on the 21st. Please keep in touch

im aith avm in stomach and also suffer terible migrains'i guess it affects the blood flow and passage of blood oxigen to the whole body''i guess there is a connection 'i also woundererd about it'nyrologist can perscribe a medicine'without iboprofen that doesnt cause bleeding and is alowed to avm survivers as metridex and other medication not containing iboprophen

Hi Margot.
I am Spinal too. A large AVM, several hemangionas from t-something through F2-F5 to Sacrum; and a tangled mess of vascular malformations around my spine, so bad, that doctors said I have a UNIQUE spine.My AVM is so bad that it ate my F4 vertebrae (not longer seem on MRI's or CT Scans)
Anyway, close to my period, about 3-5 days before I experience headaches... not all the time, but I do.
Another bad thing (proven) is the weather pressure. Check the levels on weather.com on your location. People suffering from AVM's, Migranes and other conditions are affected by this issue. What is this? Is the pressure of the air trapped in between the floor and cloudy ceiling sky, pressuring down, sometimes before a storm. The air have to go somewhere. Putting pressure in our internal organs, etc. What I do? Take Naproxen to get rid of vascular inflammation. Helps.

PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF NAPROXEN WOULD BE GOOD FOR YOU. NOT EVERYBODY CAN TAKE THE SAME MED.