Hello Again

Hi. I’m back again. I’ve been doing as usual, nothing better, nothing worse. Anyway I wanted to know if anyone’s Avm gets in the way of their driving? As I watch my chauffeur drive I realize I am not as quick as they are. And Richard, I noticed that I no longer have the moon shaped thing next to my profile picture. Now I have a small circle with a minus - inside it. I think it’s probably where I have not been here for awhile. Hope everyone is fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi back to you! My driving was not effected by my AVM, although I couldn’t drive for one month after release from the hospital and cleared by a Dr. Take Care, John

1 Like

My avm doesnt affect my driving to date, but i have SRS planned so who knows how that may effect my vision and thus driving (Im hoping it wont).I will also be unable to drive for 1 month after my SRS similar to JD12.

1 Like

Hello!
I don’t know if that’s what you mean but I wasn’t confident about driving until 4+ months after my bleed and still I’m very careful and don’t drive big distances.I get a little dizzy and certainly can’t speed too much

1 Like

Hi @Alison

Good to hear from you! I had dizziness as a result of my AVM/DAVF and voluntarily stopped driving until I had treatment. At the point of treatment my doc said that I must not drive and he would review that once I had a re-scan.

Very fortunately, as soon as I had my rescan at about 8 weeks after embolization, the UK driving authority wrote to me to ask about the ban that the doc had implemented those weeks before and through review with him and with my GP, they reported back to the authority that (so long as I was not having sudden debilitating dizziness events) I was good to resume driving. I can say that having independence through driving or through having arrangements such as a chauffeur is fantastic. You don’t appreciate these things until they are taken away from you.

Lots of love,

Richard

2 Likes

I agree with you Richard. My impairment was from seizures caused by the scar tissue left from the craniotomies/AVM. I’ve been lucky the seizures are controlled by lamotragine and happen at night for the most part. Good luck, Greg

2 Likes

Much like others, my driving wasn’t affected by my avm directly. My driving became affected when the usual GK late symptoms kicked up. After a pretty aggressive seizure, my surgeon’s nurse told me to not drive for 6 months. Hopefully none show up again! I love to drive and I cannot wait to be back to it.

1 Like