Hello AVMCommunity 17 year survivor and motivational speaker

I’ve been lucky I’ve had the joy of mentoring people for years and hope my story is one that inspires for more years to come. Even in my darkest days I’ve found peace and love through inspiring and sharing with others. 17 years doesn’t seem like fare ago. I can remember laying up in ICU, being told the possibilities and laying there and telling myself in two years I will be walking. I was an arrogant nine year old with a wild hair not wanting to listen to the doctors’ prejections. And here I am. Walking without any aids (no cast, no crutches.) I’m now 26 and have many accomplishments (baking ribbons, choir ribbons.) I am surprised and not surprised, what others settled for but, want to show others that have encountered this beast that their is a life post bleed. I had a young lady that at the time was juggling her fence’s diagnoses of a bleed and the post bleed differences in his actions. She told me that he hadn’t been himself and I just enlightened her to a point of an AVMSUVIVOR. I later wrote to find out how things were. And she told me a month after our talk he pushed her beyond her limit and she left him and she had worried if she had done the right thing. And I enlighten her she was faced with a choice and choose the one that she felt was the best for her. I wish whomever reads this finds peace and encouragement to follow your heart.

Yours Truly
Tex
P.S. Don’t be afraid to drop me an private message: click on my avatar, and then click on the blue box that says “message”.

ModSupport note: Jerrod’s email address was removed for his online safety and security. Please use the private message feature to share email addresses.
Seenie

1 Like

Thank you, Tex. I just found out yesterday that the facial tumor I’ve had since birth is an AVM. Your case is much more difficult than mine, and it’s really good to hear your story.

1 Like

Tex,

Nice to hear your positive story and how you continue to push yourself. I am a 15+ yr survivor and continue to push myself as well. It is always great to hear positive stories to give those going through tough times a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. While I fared better than most and did not suffer any major deficits as a result of a brain hemorrhage, there were plenty of days (e.g. after the surgeries and procedures, etc.) that I had to persevere. To those struggling I suggest you look back on the positive days and relish in your accomplishments and realize that you can work towards greater gains. I recently completed my Masters degree and continue to strive to accomplish greater things. Those still fighting, please look at the small gains. Many stay too fixated on the big picture of being cured. The small gains add up! I am happy to share my story as well and any advice.

Drew

1 Like

Drew that’s awesome to hear that you’ve been able to accomplish so much.
My one wish to do on here witch I’ve achieved is to help others in their
time of need; I know that if I had it to do again there would be a few
little things I would want to change but, with where I was in 2000 to where
I am now as a gauge is a monumental accomplishment in itself. Ya it was
hell at times and still is but, I wouldn’t trade now for something I could
of had then, with as many people I’ve lifted the spirits up for in just
enlightening then with how low I had got to my pagression now. I remember
which looking Back was just a timeline that they gave me, but scared the
living crap out of a easygoing nine year old that had no fear. I was left
with now as lingering side effects as memory deficits(better now than in
2000).

Drew http://www.avmsurvivors.org/users/drew

January 7

Tex,

Nice to hear your positive story and how you continue to push yourself. I
am a 15+ yr survivor and continue to push myself as well. It is always
great to hear positive stories to give those going through tough times a
glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. While I fared better than most
and did not suffer any major deficits as a result of a brain hemorrhage,
there were plenty of days (e.g. after the surgeries and procedures, etc.)
that I had to persevere. To those struggling I suggest you look back on the
positive days and relish in your accomplishments and realize that you can
work towards greater gains. I recently completed my Masters degree and
continue to strive to accomplish greater things. Those still fighting,
please look at the small gains. Many stay too fixated on the big picture of
being cured. The small gains add up! I am happy to share my story as well
and any advice.

Drew

MikeW I’ll keep you in my thoughts. I know things could be worse but I’m not letting that deter me. Peace Love and Good Will be in your favor Mike.
Yours Truly,
Tex