Help Could this be AVM symptoms?

Hi all I´m new at this site and i´ve been reading the Forum and learned alot But I still have some questions about sympthoms and if they can be related to the AVM. Mine is located in the left frontal lobe above my eye. Don´t know so mutch more than that. I´ve been having severe headaches and dizzines with following memory trouble. yesterday After work I had to lie down for 2 hours before I could drive home. After about an hour after I got home I got big problems with my speech. I coudn´t get the words out and said wrong things. And my voise sounded lika a robots like my 10 year old said to me. I took Several hours before I could talk normal again. This has happened before when the hedaches get really bad or when I´m in a lot of stress. Has anyone else had theese experience? Could it be related to the AVM?

My AVM is located in my right frontal lobe and found a lot of my vocab and memory get worse when I am stressed or when I have a headache. I am a big Googler and found this site explains the functions of each part of the brain in an easy to understand format. http://www.neuroskills.com/tbi/bfrontal.shtml . I hope it helps.

Thank you
Good site. I know a little about the brain functions but this gave me better information And understanding . Was getting worried that the AVM was bleeding or something

Glad it helped! Oh and mine is in the right temporal lobe. Ah the mix ups my mind does can be quite comical. One of my favoraties happened the other day when I was talking with a friend and telling her how much my sense of smell and taste has come back since quiting smoking and told her how much ‘my taste of smell has improved’! Biggest and most annoying is when I am trying to give directions and say take a left (meaning right) and point to the right. Fun stuff. :slight_smile:

Monica said:

Thank you
Good site. I know a little about the brain functions but this gave me better information And understanding . Was getting worried that the AVM was bleeding or something

Good to see on the bright side of things:). It can be frustrating when you say the wrong things but hopefully you have understanding people around you that knows that it can go a little cazy sometimes. Still having problems talking but are now training hard on letters that are hard to say, and resting alot to catch up. I belive it will be better in a couple of days. :slight_smile: Take care

Hi Monica, and Happy Holidays!

I had the first AVM diagnosed in 2006. I would not have ever gone to the hospital had it not been for the “symptoms” I was having. Difficulty with balance, headaches EVERYDAY, dizziness, and trouble with decision-making that I was told were psychiatric problems. I was substituting at the time and fell down twice in class on a Friday and went to the ER on Saturday a.m. I was relieved to have an “answer” but was not expecting the one I received! I guess none of us does;)

I’ve read so many different people’s stories and have seen similarities and differences with my own. Looking back, I had different symptoms with the second AVM that I didn’t have with the first. You didn’t mention whether you have had any procedures or surgeries, but it sounds as if you could use some relief quickly and safely. God bless and let me know what happens.

I had similar symptoms like you are having now. I think it would be a good idea to go to your neurologist and talk to him about the symptoms you are having. My AVM is also on the left frontal lobe and i experienced severe headaches.

Hi everyone and Happy Holidays.
Vicky I haven´t hade any treatment yet. I´m up fore embolization and radiation in february. I went to the ER and they did a MRT but they couldn´t see anything different so They don´t know were me speech problems come from. I guess I have to wait and see if it will pass. Sorry for my spelling today I´m having a bad day. Thanks for all youre respons and comfort. wish you all a great holiday

Hi Anabel.
Talket to my neurologist yesterday. She supects that I had a minor Stroke, bleeding or that my AMV takes to mutch blood from my speech center. Have to slow down and take it easy untill the operation. She said that she would try to get it sooner (than february). Thanks everyone for youre quick respons and support. Taking one day at the time and I won´t give up for the AVM. Take good care everyone, will be thinking of you, and have a happy new year

Anabel Meza said:

I had similar symptoms like you are having now. I think it would be a good idea to go to your neurologist and talk to him about the symptoms you are having. My AVM is also on the left frontal lobe and i experienced severe headaches.

Im glad that you spoke to your neurologist…Take care and good luck…With this Journey…

Monica said:

Hi Anabel.
Talket to my neurologist yesterday. She supects that I had a minor Stroke, bleeding or that my AMV takes to mutch blood from my speech center. Have to slow down and take it easy untill the operation. She said that she would try to get it sooner (than february). Thanks everyone for youre quick respons and support. Taking one day at the time and I won´t give up for the AVM. Take good care everyone, will be thinking of you, and have a happy new year

Anabel Meza said:

Yep - you are right
I caught mine before it exploded - Due to headaches - really bad ones ~! If your in cal - see dr. steinberg - or look him up - gary steinberg

Try to write down all of your symptoms as well as when and what you were doing, and go see your family doctor. Not sure what you have but do not wait and hope it goes away on it’s own IT WON’T. Possible AVM or something else the internet is a great place for getting information but not so good for making a diagnossis, for that you need some medical investigation.
Good luck don’t put it off any longer.
B

Hi everyone. Thanks for all youre replies. I´m now in the hospital since new years because my speech got worse. They have reserve a embolization in two weeks. have to fly to germany to do the operation but it feels great to finally get some help. Thank you all for youre support and get well

Hope the embolization and operation goes well.

Take care,

Debbie

Hej Monica :slight_smile:

Siden AVM mangler kapilærsystem så betyr det at den delen av hjernen som ligger i nærheten av AVM´n ikke får oksygen. Etter stress, lite søvn eller anstrengelser “stjeler” AVM nøstet mye av blodgjennomstrømningen og det kan resultere at du får hodepine, føler deg svimmel, får anfall pga hypoxia (for lite blod til andre viktige funksjoner i hjernen) avhengig av hvor AVM nøstet ligger.
Håper dette forklarer deg noe, men ser at du har fått mange svar, så du vet sikkert mye om dette allerede. Trenger du noen å snakke med er jeg alltid her inne på chatten. ønsker deg lykke til i morgen :slight_smile:
…og, så deilig det er å skrive på norsk !

Klem og positive tanker fra Hanne xxx