Post Something Positive Here Each Day

Please tell us at least one POSITIVE that happened to you this day. It can be any wonderful action or event, an inspiring thought that came across your mind, an exciting emotion, or a nice sight, smell or taste or feelings. ONLY POSITIVE, NO NEGATIVE.

Nothing is too trivial, feel free to add more positive as things happen.

Ben,...

I'll start,...

On this Christmas day,...

God blessed me with another day to be alive,...!!

(how's that for a wonderful action/event ?,...*wink*)

Your friend,...

William

I smelled coffee brewing this morning - and I love that smell!

Pumpkin pie baking in the oven...yum! :)

We're limited to ONE???? What if I got PLENTY of positives???

1. Christmas with my kids and their significant others (one married this fall, one next July)

2. Christmas with my bride of 34 years.

3. Attending a Christmas play for kids at my Son's church. I was bouyed up by all the young couples I saw hugging not only their friends, but each of their friends' kids. The hugs weren't the short obligatory hugs, but extended ones where you could tell these people were true friends forever. Love was all around!

4. Thankful for all my blessings, which seem endless.

5. Thankful that I was able to work our local Operation Holiday, collecting, sorting, boxing, and distributing enough food for about 1,000 people. And every kid under 14 got several toys.

6. Thankful that my wife only has TWO more chemo treatments. YIPPPPEEEE! This has been a LONG year.

7. Thankful for all our friends who sat with us during three surgeries, 10 chemos (so far), and brought dinners in for us. Every week, Chari received get well cards from friends..............

8. Thankful that the Mayean calendar prediction didn't work out for them (grin).

9. Thankful for the men and women who serve our country in far off lands, as well as police, firefighters, and medical personnel who step up every day.

10. Guess I need to stop at 10. For all my friends and future friends at Ben's network, those that are thrust into a medical tailspin when they hear the news "AVM" or _______. I'm thankful we are here to offer a listening ear--something that was not available to us when we first heard those awful words.

God Bless, Merry Christmas.

Ron, KS

My husband and I took a drive around Tampa Bay and saw a resting flock of over 100 black skimmers, interspersed with semipalmated plovers, sandpipers, and royal terns. Breathtaking.

My kids are happily reunited for the week and enjoying each other's company. Plus, it's 70 degrees in December.

This is a great idea!

Definitely having my family together is at the top of my list.

But my son gave me an incredible gift. He was accepted to study animation (his lifelong plan) at the Minneapolis College of Art Design starting in the fall. I will be heartbroken to have him so far away, but seeing him pursue his dreams is all any parent can hope for.

There are plenty of other things for which I am thankful, but I will list the top two for now :slight_smile:

Happy holidays!

Wow, that sounds wonderful. I lived in St. Pete when I was a child. I always love hearing about the sights and sounds of Tampa-St. Pete!

I watched done of my favorite movies today…A Christmas Story! Followed by another favorite…the 1951 British version A Christmas Carol!

A peaceful day and so happy to have good health, including being AVM free:-)

Watching my granddaughter open her Christmas gifts was wonderful! Knowing that next year my daughter will have twins to celibrate Christmas with!

Brett had his first regular activity today since June. He went bowling with friends!!!

That my little boy tells me every single day.."Mommy you're the bestest Mommy I ever had! And I love you forever in my whole life!"
And I'm also so grateful we were able to wait till after Christmas before having to schedule his surgery!

I did some adaptive yoga.

Great idea!

My 6 month old Whippet puppy is asleep on the floor next to me. She escaped two days before Thanksgiving & was hit by a truck. She was severely injured & had two surgeries. She is alive, healing well, and doing better each day.

Listening to Bob Marley has an amazing ability to bring me to such a state of calm and peace......" No woman no cry, ...mingle with the good people we meet, yeah, Good friends we have, good friends we have lost along the way. In this great future you can't forget your past, so dry your tears, I seh.Yeah! No woman no cry. A little darlin, don't shed no tears!......And so I've got to push on through, Oh while I'm gone, Everything's gonna be all right! Yeah..Everything little thing's gonna be alright!!"

Yup, I agree, there are so many things... Family is probably very high on my list. Both mom n dad are still here! Taylor (my furry four-legged) is still here (she's about 16). The end of the world didn't happen on Dec. 21st...always a good thing! Ok, ok, I'll try to save some of it... ;)

As we in Australia see in the new year a few hours earlier than most of you, i had the pleasure of scoring a great positon to see the fireworks on Sydney Harbour (and our Bridge - nicknamed the coathanger!)last night.
What made it really special was that the authorities provide FREE prime viewing spots for 'disabled' - and i got to sit behind this worthy audience.
I don't make new years resolutions, but I shall continue to appreciate all you strong, brave and inspirational survivors on this site.

had a great day on xmas, family and friends. Missed my wife as she was woring but was great when she came back. And the food was amazing! Just a very nice day.

I went to dinner with my two best friends and their wives and my girlfriend last night. We've been friends for 15+ years and it was so good to get together and laugh.