Seizures after Embolization?

Hello,

Has anyone experienced seizures after AVM embolization surgery? My embolization process has just finished, the surgeon managed to close my AVM entirely, but after I woke up I had seizures. I am scared, because I have not experienced it until now, is that common after brain surgeries? is it temporary or it can last for long term?

Bea

I can tell you that I had migraine auras for the first time ever after my embolization. They lasted a few weeks and faded, I think, as the angiogram contrast agent was flushed out of my system. But I would say that to think of embolization glue as uninvasive seems false to me. It is undoubtedly a strange foreign body that your head will be somewhat startled by.

I would hope they will become less frequent. I assume seizures should always be reported to a doctor.

Very best wishes,

Richard

Thank you very much for answering.
It happened while I was hospitalized only once, the nurses saw me.
I also lost my conscience, I don’t remember what happened afterwards. Maybe you are right regarding the glue and contrast, I remember that the first intervention took almost 3 hours and in the next day I also collapsed in the bathroom, that was scary too, that probably happened because of low blood pressure. The second one took 1,5 hours, and I was fine. I really hope that it is something temporary, anyway I will talk to my radiosurgeon tomorrow, he should give me an explanation.

Kind regards,

See my link above. I set out how it faded for me over a few weeks. The auras happened again briefly after an angiogram at about week 7. I think a combination of glue and iodine.