Update on treatment

Thank you all for the feedback about my treatment fears. I met with Dr Anthony Wang at UCLA today. He’s suggested dose-staged LINAC rather than volume-staged GK. It’s still a 70% chance of complete obliteration, but they’ve had better success with LINAC, especially with side effects, on AVMs like mine. I’m scheduled for and angiogram and feeling a lot more optimistic than I have in a while. Thank you all again for your input.

5 Likes

Hope all goes well & sending positive vibes & prayers your way… God bless!

1 Like

Good luck. I’m not sure on your avm. I had 3 options. The 2 you are looking at and open you up and take it out. I took, open me up. My doc told me the other to surgery’s are only 70 percent success. Opening me up and gave me a 95 to 99 percent success. Has your doc given you that way too.

I’m glad I had the surgery. Doc told me I should be dead from the avm.

1 Like

Mine is in my left frontal lobe. Too diffuse and eloquent for surgery. I’d have severe deficits. Microsurgery or embolization could be an option if it shrinks enough, but they’ll probably do another round of radiosurgery if it’s not completely obliterated after 3-5 years. Believe me, if it was an option, I’d go for it, but it would probably leave me worse off than even a rupture.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I did get some brain damage from it. Hope all works out for you

2 Likes