Where to start? Medical Jargon?

Just the last few weeks my boyfriend was found to have a nest of AVMS squishing his cranial nerves 7 & 8 (from what I have decifiered). The squishing of these nerves seems to have effected the flow of cerebral fluid and it has significantly built up in his brain to the point of seemingly even kinking his left optical nerve (as well as putting excess pressure on all lobes etc, just mostly built up at the fromt). Anyway, his appointment with the neurosurgeon is just weeks away, unfortunately the GP doesnt seem to be able to decifier the MRI or MVA report very well and google is doing my head in.
Is there anyone who knows a link to medical terms and jargon associated with AVMS and the brain (that explains these terms in english?). Being able to understand 100% what is going on before seeing the surgeon would be of much benefit,specifically when he seems to be having trouble remembering and understanding (even appointments).
I really need to be armed with questions and know what the heck is going on in these crazy reports prior to the appointment.

Danielle, I haven’t found “the golden goose” when it comes to terminology either. I’ve slogged through MRI reports with Google and/or Wikipedia, sometimes one word at a time. It gets easier, slowly but surely. Don’t be afraid to ask the doctor to repeat, or put in lay men’s terms.
Bring a pen and notebook, and take notes. If you look under AVM info at the top of the page, there’s a list of questions that should get the juices flowing. Lastly, just being there to support him will be huge. You’ll do great! :slight_smile: