My avm is smaller than I thought

Well its funny sorta. I have not looked at a MRI or a angio gram since I was 14. I get a mri every 2 years to check to see if there is any change. They know I have an avm was found in 95 and luckily it has not bleed yet as far as I know. The funny thing is this last mri it looks via the report they miss understood and thought the dr was asking if I had an avm. The interesting thing is in the report the dr who examined it in the diagnostics building said they did not see any abnormalities however some abnormalities are not seen in some MRI’s. I Know it is in the left back of my brain. I am scheduled for a 3D Angio CT in june so today I went and picked up my scans and took a look. Im no dr and I might even be looking in the wrong place however from what I remember the little white dot on the lower left hand side of this scan is my AVM. I would love to think it went away but as far as I know they don’t go away. I hope nothing has changed in this scan in June. I have been getting alot of head aches the past 2 years since the 2007 MRI. However I have been grandmal seizure free since 2002. See the attached image.
475-mri.PNG (60.1 KB)

As far as I know AVM’s can not go away on their own. It is kind of troublesome that they cant find something that has been there in previous MRI’s and angio grams. I still am not sure if that white spot is the avm. I have looked through all of the scans that are on that cd and to an untrained EYE I cant find anything like what I have see in older slides. Im sorta concerned on how can the check to see if it has changed in 2 years if they can not find it on the slides from 2007?

I hope and pray that you don’t have an avm. This is the scariest thing that I ever dealt with.

Peace,
Ameenah

Ameenah said:

I hope and pray that you don’t have an avm. This is the scariest thing that I ever dealt with.
Peace,
Ameenah

I do have one since as far as I know they don’t go away by them selves its still there for some reason it just did not show up on this scan well. I remember it much easier to see back in 1995. I did see some parts of the vascular portion of the scan that looked like the avm but it was very small. I really wish over the years my dr would of sat me down and gone over the scans I get every 2 years instead of just saying “there has been no change in the avm” That way I could have a better idea of the size and location on the MRI’s. I remember looking at my angiogram from 1995 and it was I think a jumble of vains in the left side of the brain. However now that I look back even then it was not the easiest thing to see. Back then the dr’s said that since there has not been a bleed they did not see a reason to operate there might be more negative effects operating than non operating. What I mean by dr’s I was a case study at a neurology conference. So lets say I had a few opinions made. :slight_smile: I might make an appointment after the new scan to go over it with my dr and be like “OK now where is my avm on this image”

See the image bellow I measured it Given where my dr said in the past it is I think the aria I measured is the avm. If this is true this is much smaller than I thought.

Im getting very confused given I cant really find it. I remember they had a hard time finding it in the first place in 1995. So it must be small. I am going to call my dr in the morning and see if he will go over the report with me. What if I was miss diagnosed? Although the Angio gram showed the avm better in 1995. Still it is nothing in size like the images of AVM’s I have seen online. I found one dark spot that is in the location of the avm on three of my MRI slides however this could be me just trying to find it and it could be normal. I still have migraines and the occasional sezure where I see stars floating around, no more granmals.